Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2004, 02:32 AM

Default Flush draws, do I just have to take my lumps?

Stars 73+7 satellite and it's early. Blinds are just 50-100. I have T2800 and am slightly above average. I am in the small blind with two red queens. Three limpers to me and I make it T400 happy to just take the pot at this point. (Should I just move in here?) Called only by the big blind. Oh, ok. Flop comes Q J 7 with two clubs. Beautiful. Since I don't like to slowplay trips when first to act after raising pre-flop, I bet the pot. (Should I do something else? Maybe I should just move in here?) He just calls. Alarms go off in my head screaming flush draw. Turn spawns a 4 of clubs. Crap. Now what? I am quite certain he has a flush but it's possible he called pre-flop with AK or AQ but he moved in earlier on someone else with AQ so I discount those two. I think that I should just check and fold but that makes me feel very weak. Screw it, I pushed it in. He indeed had 9c8c.

Can or should this be played differently? I really believed he had the flush on the turn and I was right. Is it a weakness in my game not getting away from top set here?