Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2004, 10:44 PM

Default PartyPoker Sunday Tournament Problem

I was playing the their 200k Sunday Multi-Table tournment this afternoon when the following occurred:

I had accumulated about 5800 chips (slightly below avg) when I was moved to another table. But no table appeared. I went to the lobby and found the table I was supposed to be at, but when I went there, the table was full. I went back to my old table and it was full as well. About this time I noticed that my stack was going down.

What had happened is that I had somehow disconnected from the tournament server (according to customer service). He told me to log off and then log back on. When I did this, I was able to participate again, but my stack was almost 2000 less due to posting the blinds. I missed about 30 hands and after reviewing the hand history, there were only 3 hands I might have put money in the pot, but each hand was in EP and they were A5s, A7s, and 10Js. In each case it would have been 400 to limp and I probably would have folded to a stiff raise. Each time someone in MP made it 1000 to go, but he might have played it differently if I had called.

As it turns out, I finished in 130th place, just in the money so I actually won. But what if I had had a bunch of good hands during that time?

Anyway 2 things:

1. Has this happened to anyone else?

2. If it does happen to you, log off and then back on immediately. By the time I went through the customer support people, I had lost 30 hands.
Old 02-16-2004, 12:13 AM

Default Re: PartyPoker Sunday Tournament Problem

1. Has this happened to anyone else?

Yes

2. If it does happen to you, log off and then back on immediately. By the time I went through the customer support people, I had lost 30 hands.

If you have a problem taking a tournament table at Party it is -EV to deal with Party support. There is some lag when being moved after your table is broken up. When the lobby updates hit take my seat. If at this point a box appears asking you to contact Party support then log off, sever your ISP connection and log back on to Party. If you deal with Party support then you are resigning yourself to being a dead stack in the tournament.

MS Sunshine
Old 02-16-2004, 09:22 AM

it happened to me once a few weeks back. but i was able to double click the table with my name at it and it let me sit there.
Old 02-16-2004, 01:33 PM

Thanks for this advice. I know it has worked for others but did not for me. Several days back when the dos attack was going on this same thing happened to me. I remembered reading on this forum to completely disconnect your cable connection. I restarted my computer, diconnected the cable and power cord from the cable modem and reconnected to Empire. I was still unable to return to my touney table. Several emails later Empire finally returned my $33 buy in.