Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2004, 03:50 PM

Default Re: Yes, rush belongs in jail!

No, I say the same for anyone, not onlyt the wealthy or conservative.

You would see all drug addicts go to jail as "equal treatment under the law." I would see them all go free as "equal treatment under the law." So who's favoring the 'brown-shirt' type line now? I think you should consider changing your stance to "they all should go free" rather than "they all should go to jail."

Old 02-13-2004, 04:01 PM

Default Re: Note to MMMMMMMMMMM: the Christian\'s lost the Crusades

Agree with you as to what evils people have done in the names of both religions. However one religion (Islam) calls for forcibly coverting or subjugating others, whereas the other religion (Christianity) does not.

It isn't Jesus' fault that people perverted his teachings. However Muhammad specifically called for conquest by war and by the sword, and for forcibly subjugating the world: forcing the world to submit to Islam. Jesus on the other hand preached forgiveness, turning the other cheek, and to love one's neighbor as one's self. Therein lies the fundamental difference.

I agree that people have done great evils in the names of both religions, but one religion in its most basic form supports such evils while the other religion does not (The Koran is rich with passages urging Muslims to slay the unbelievers, smite their necks until they confess there is no God but Allah and are subdued to Islam, pour boiling water down their throats, etc. The New Testament urges no such things but rather preaches forgiveness to those who have wronged you).

The teachings of Jesus and Muhammad are worlds apart--although one might not know it by some of the deeds their organized followers have done in their names.
Old 02-13-2004, 04:06 PM

Default Re: It\'s still a free country, even though your kind wants to destroy it

Why weren't the 9-11 planes tailed by the military immediately once they were hijacked, which is standard military protocol BEFORE 9-11
nobody knew they were hijacked until the crashed into the buildings

Why did Bush sit in a classroom listening to children read after being told that America was under attack?
did you want him to run away from the school screaming or running for cover. When Bush was first told that a plane had hit the WTC, he and everyone else thought it was an accident, no one knew it was terrorism until the second struck.
Sorry,I won't shut up unless someone like you kills me. too bad I can't, the world would be better without stupid people like yourself.
Old 02-13-2004, 04:08 PM

Muhammad was a warlike expansionist-minded leader who encouraged similar traits in his followers, both by guarantees of booty and by promises of sensual delights in the afterlife. He followed through on his plans to spread Islam by war and by force, leaving bloody swathes in his wake and populations either converted by the sword, enslaved by the sword, or killed by the sword.
this statement may shock people but it is a historical fact.

Old 02-13-2004, 05:25 PM

You might be suprised by some of the things in the New Testament, but generally speaking you're right. Of course the old testament is part of the christian religion too and that has plenty of passages just like the ones you described. As you should know, you can justify nearly anything in the Bible. Yet today most christian sects realize that you shouldn't take everything the Bible says literally and such passages are taken with a grain of salt. This is equally true in the Muslim religion. The "fundamental difference" is mostly smoke and mirrors in my opinion.