Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2004, 08:55 PM

Default Can I use Neteller without giving them a bank account? (and other q\'s)

Here's my scenario:

I just signed up for a Neteller account. I haven't given them any bank info.

I have a lot of money at Party. I have used IGMPay to deposit/withdraw money there.

Can I now transfer money from Party to Neteller (and then transfer money from Neteller to UB/Stars/etc.)?

Or do I have to set up a bank account at Neteller or do a deposit of some sort before I can do transactions on my Neteller account?

Also, I can't for the life of me find anything on the Neteller website about fees besides an 8.9% fee for Instacash. I've read here that transfers to/from poker sites are free. Is that correct? Do I need any special codes to do that or is that automatic?

If I link a bank account and cash out from Neteller to my account, is there a fee for that? (If there is, seems like I could just transfer to Party and use IGMPay to cash out for free....)

Thanks for your help
Old 02-11-2004, 09:11 PM

Default Re: Can I use Neteller without giving them a bank account? (and other q\'s)

Can I now transfer money from Party to Neteller (and then transfer money from Neteller to UB/Stars/etc.)?

Yes. You don't need to be a certified member for this.

Also, I can't for the life of me find anything on the Neteller website about fees besides an 8.9% fee for Instacash.

There are no fees for depositing/withdrawing from a poker site. Also, you can make EFT(Electronic Funds Transfer) between Neteller and your bank w/o fees. However, it usually takes 4-5 days to hit your Neteller account from your bank and 1-2 days to hit your bank from Neteller.

The only other restriction of not being certified(that I know if) is that you can't make or receive member-member transactions. But there's a fee of 1.9% on those anyway and you can usually just transfer money for free on most poker sites.

Cup

Old 02-11-2004, 09:32 PM

Default Re: Can I use Neteller without giving them a bank account? (and other q\'s)

How are you planning to get cash out of Neteller?

Neteller's should be great for you in that:

1) No fees to cash out from poker sites to neteller. I use their debit card to get my money out - relatively hefty fees unfortunately (particularly if, like me, you're outwith N. America), but super convenient.

2) The only time I gave 'em anything like my bank/CC info with them was when I made an initial $50 deposit to check the system worked. You should be able to skip that step of mine and go straight to cashing out from Party to your neteller. Just have to register that neteller choice/acct info with the poker site client

3) I imagine you should be able to process transactions to/from poker sites & neteller without giving over bank details anywhere, if you so wish.

If you don't want to give over any of your bank info, even to cash out, then go for the debit card. You sign up, they send it to you; then you transfer $$ from your neteller acct to the debit card acct., on the web site. After that you can instantly withdraw your loot from that neteller debit card acct from any cirrus or maestro linked ATM, of which there are many.

In a nutshell, I can't see a problem for you.

G
Old 02-11-2004, 09:36 PM

The only other restriction of not being certified(that I know if) is that you can't make or receive member-member transactions.

You also need to be certified to get the debit card. I forgot about that.

G
Old 02-11-2004, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How are you planning to get cash out of Neteller?

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you mention there are hefty fees associated with it, the debit card doesn't sound like the best route.

I had initially thought that I could just cash out directly from Stars & UB w/ a check, but it looks like they only let you cash out to Neteller if you fund w/ Neteller. Party lets me cash out via any mechanism. I guess I can always transfer money to Party and use IGMPay to deposit to my bank account (Party has my bank info).

Anyway, if I do end up playing a lot at the other sites and that ends up being a hassle, I can always just link a bank account to Neteller. It's not that big a deal. I'd just prefer to give as few online companies as possible my bank account info.
Old 02-11-2004, 09:49 PM

that's what i do...
anytime i want to cash out from other sites, i launder the money through party [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-11-2004, 10:00 PM

Is that because it's faster that way or because you also didn't give Neteller any bank info?
Old 02-11-2004, 10:06 PM

Interesting idea Daryn. Can you still get a direct check from party using neteller?
Old 02-11-2004, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is that because it's faster that way or because you also didn't give Neteller any bank info?

[/ QUOTE ]
why are you so paranoid about neteller? Does Ub have any 10/20 NL for you me and cracker? I think thats the best bet cause Im not gonna freaking sit down and play one heads up match after another giving everyone a novel on my play.
Old 02-11-2004, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does Ub have any 10/20 NL for you me and cracker? I think thats the best bet cause Im not gonna freaking sit down and play one heads up match after another giving everyone a novel on my play.

[/ QUOTE ]

UB has 1-2, 2-4, 5-10, 10-25, and 25-50. I don't see how you would want to play 10-25 if, as you said previously, $1000 is too much for you to play HU.

Just yesterday you were saying "BTW- I expect a string of a-holes wanting a piece of me.
First its CrackaZack, then Daryn - who everyone knows is a [censored] pussy-ass-bitch. Then the next slot is up for grabs. "

Guess you've changed your mind now. Whatever. <yawn>