Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2004, 03:08 PM

Default Re: John Kerry have any chance at all at Presidency?

Unless of course he knew there were no WMDs or he knew that a huge plane based attack on sept 11 was likely. That knowledge would make him a liar based on many different statements. Not saying that he did know such things, but if he did....
Old 02-10-2004, 03:22 PM

Let's go back to ancient history...it must have been, oh, about a year or two ago. I know, that's far back to remember, but stay with me.

Remember how the white house was getting upset about the intelligence agencies consistently downplaying the threat from Iraq? Oh wait, I must be misremembering that, because now the white house is telling me that it was the CIA all along who was hysterically raising alarms saying Saddam certainly had nukes. Silly me, must be that I can't remember that far back.

Please. No more of this "other people were giving him bad information!" nonsense.
Old 02-10-2004, 04:29 PM

no, i don't remember.
Old 02-10-2004, 05:04 PM

Bush never blatantly lied. Clinton did though. Bush will win because he'd a better president than Kerry.
Old 02-10-2004, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bush never blatantly lied. Clinton did though. Bush will win because he'd a better president than Kerry.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the saddest thing I've read in quite awhile.
Old 02-10-2004, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bush never blatantly lied. Clinton did though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clinton lied about his personal affairs, Bush either lied or mislead not about something personal but about a WAR HE WAS TAKING THIS COUNTRY INTO. To my mind, what Bush did is orders of magnitude worse.

Also, this whole thing about Bush's intelligence being wrong, well, that's his fault. I've only started following this recently, but it's my understanding that he presented the WMD as a fact, and now the intelligence is wrong and he's blaming the intelligence. Well, that's shirking responsibility. He should have reviewed the intelligence and made some judgments about it's credibility and then said "there's a very good chance there are WMD's" or "we're pretty sure there are WMD's" and now that the intelligence is wrong, he should take responsibility for it.

danny
Old 02-10-2004, 06:50 PM

Default Re: You guys surprised me.... Kerry will be KILLED

Joe Scarbough, a conservative commentator on MSNBC, said last week that he doesn't think Bush will pick up any states he didn't win in the last election. Now the states he won picked up 7 electoral states, but West Virginia and New Hampshire will probably swing to the Democrats.

[ QUOTE ]
Cant wait to see how he does in the south.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't matter, South will go Republican, North East will go Democratic. It's the border states where the election will be won.
Old 02-10-2004, 07:21 PM

Default Re: Pinnacle has Democrats +143

It's a close wager, IMO.
Bush 43 is a better campaigner and more likeable than Bush 41. Kerry may show more personality that people expect.

I think it will be close but I don't think Edwards would be the right choice as it won't bring any southern states. The real battleground will be in the Southwest and Upper Midwest.

I see Bush getting a narrow victory.
Old 02-10-2004, 09:11 PM

the president should make judgements on the source of his information? it's the CIA... they exist specifically so the president himself doesn't have to be the one listening to wire taps and whatever they do
Old 02-10-2004, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the president should make judgements on the source of his information? it's the CIA... they exist specifically so the president himself doesn't have to be the one listening to wire taps and whatever they do

[/ QUOTE ]
did u ever consider that the CIA and President worked together on defrauding the people?