Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 05:58 PM

Default Re: I\'ve reconsidered

I have my friend Harvey the Rabbit look at my opponenets cards and then tell me what they are. If this is cheating, then destroy your pattern maps.

-AA
Old 02-09-2004, 06:21 PM

Default Whatch out for Pokebot.

[ QUOTE ]
A Pokerbot has finally arrived. statman 7123 377

[/ QUOTE ]
If we're not cearful it will beat us to 10K [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 02-09-2004, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kate,

Sorry I haven't had time to respond to your PMs. I guess you win by default, since neither of the other finalists submitted a follow-up essay. But I must admit that I am a little disappointed. As jedi pointed out, a hastily composed paragraph hardly qualifies as an essay. Nonetheless, I guess you win.

There's one glitch. A few people have approached me with concerns that using a pattern map is cheating. After some thought, I'm inclined to agree. So, I'm not going to use a pattern map anymore. I would like to hear your thoughts on this topic. Please post to this thread, as I don't check my PMs regularly. Any response is fine, though essay form is always appreciated. Based on your feedback on this topic, I'll decide whether or not I should destroy my pattern maps. I would definitely like to hear points for both sides - why it is or is not cheating.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why It Is Cheating

To all people that oppose pattern maps (because they do not have one) it is obvious why they think possessing and using one is cheating. The person using it knows what cards are going to come on the turn and river eighty-five percent of the time. When playing against people that do not have a pattern map, it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out that he or she has a huge advantage.

It seems to be too easy, like stealing candy from a baby. Look at the map, see what cards are going to come out, and then raise and re-raise as much as possible. When you flip over your 3-5 off suit that has turned into the nut straight, the person holding pocket aces will not be too happy.

When someone shows off junk hands and repeatedly takes down huge pots it is apparent something is wrong. When the map is used like that, it is obviously cheating. And that is not how I plan to use the pattern map. Read on to hear my plan.

Why It Is Not Cheating

If Ulysses decides to give me the map I will not use it like mentioned above. I plan to still play only premium hands (depending on my position and opponents). I will simply use the map to make sure my hands will be the best. Should we award people for playing bad poker? Should we applaud the person that is not using a pattern map, but still takes down huge pots with his 3-5 off suit against my aces?

No we should not. I know it is a harsh view but I really think these people deserve to lose their money. If they think they can play horrible hands and be a steady winner they need to be taught a lesson. That is not how to play poker correctly and it is not fair to a regular person like me that is trying to do their best to win. We all hate bad beats. We all know that getting outdrawn is one of the worst feelings in the world. That is why I am going to use the map to make sure my premium starting hands will end up making the best hand.

If I stop getting outdrawn, I am certain that my BB per hour will raise a pretty significant amount. And for me, the money is going to a good place, my tuition bills. So in my eyes, it is not cheating to take more money from horrible players than I am now and put it towards paying for my education.

Thanks again for the opportunity Ulysses.

I hope you decide to give the map to me because I will use it well and wisely.

Thanks again,

Kate [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-09-2004, 11:22 PM

Man, I'm truly wondering if you're for real or if you're by far the smoothest person in this thread...
Old 02-10-2004, 02:50 PM

Bump
Old 02-10-2004, 02:51 PM

I'm pretty biased here, so I think I'll let some of the members of this forum chime in as to whether or not they are convinced by your essay that your intended use would not constitute cheating.
Old 02-10-2004, 02:53 PM

When are you going to decide?

Can we put a deadline on this?
This has been going on for some time now.
Old 02-10-2004, 02:54 PM

I suggest the deadline to be set at 10 000 views [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-10-2004, 05:43 PM

Did you ask for an essay on each topic? Because I think 3 paragraphs per topic don't constitute an essay. Each paragraph is really made up of 1 or two sentences, and should probably be put together. I think Kate is trying to scam you by putting blank lines in between sentences to make it seem like a paragraph.

Regardless, this is much much less than I expect from college level students.
Old 02-10-2004, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty biased here, so I think I'll let some of the members of this forum chime in as to whether or not they are convinced by your essay that your intended use would not constitute cheating.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you please set a definite deadline?
Closed Thread