Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2004, 06:48 PM

Default JJ on Cutoff

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on this site, so any and all answers will be helpful.....

6/12 at Hollyood Park 9 handed game

I have been sitting at the table for one round of hands.... I have no idea how any of the players play, as I am new to 6/12 and have not played with them before. Anyways, I am dealt J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the cutoff. I personally, am not a big fan of JJ..... One early position limper, folded to me and I raise. BB calls, and EP limper folds. I only raised because I saw that the SB was going to fold, by way of how he was holding his cards.... At least that is what I picked up over the 9 hands that I played. So there are two of us to the flop with $27 ( 4.5 SB ) in the pot. The flop comes A62 rainbow. How do I proceed from here on? Results to follow later.

Thank you for your help
Old 02-08-2004, 06:51 PM

Default Re: JJ on Cutoff

If BB checks, you bet.

If BB bets, you raise.
Old 02-08-2004, 07:09 PM

I only raised because I saw that the SB was going to fold, by way of how he was holding his cards....

You should raise here even if the sb puts a stack of chips on each card.
Old 02-08-2004, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I personally, am not a big fan of JJ

[/ QUOTE ]I love this hand. It's a solid money earner if you learn to play it well. You should be excited about getting this. You can wait a long time to get a hand this good.

[ QUOTE ]
I only raised because I saw that the SB was going to fold, by way of how he was holding his cards....

[/ QUOTE ]You should raise simply because you have JJ in the CO, especially since nobody else has put in a raise yet. At this point, you don't really care what the other players do, although you'd rather not play it four or five ways.

[ QUOTE ]
The flop comes A62 rainbow. How do I proceed from here on?

[/ QUOTE ]Bet or raise the flop. From there, it's not formulaic with a big pocket pair with an overcard ace on the board. You have a pretty strong holding, but need to figure out how likely you are to be ahead, and you can't do this by calling.
Old 02-08-2004, 07:41 PM

Here is more information..... BB checked the flop, I bet, he called..... I had no clue where I stood at this point.... I was thinking Ax, maybe two pair..... Anyways, the turn card was an eight, making a two flush on the board, but I figured he wasn't drawing to a flush! He checked, I bet and he called again..... I figured he must have the Ax or he was going to wait until the river to raise me with something nice.... Do you bet the river, hoping that he either folds an Ax, or do you check it through and hope you are good?