Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2004, 06:59 PM

Default Re: anyone using a laptop for online play?

As someone else mentioned, even cable modem is generally in the 1.5 mb/sec range so even the 11 mb/sec speed of b is really overkill (though you'll get much less than the advertised speed.) Having multiple computers at home that you might want to transfer files between would be a reason for going with the faster g. Another reason is b and g are virtually the same price usually so why not go for the faster speed?
Old 02-03-2004, 07:00 PM

Default Re: anyone using a laptop for online play?

I'll have to second that! I use a ultra portable HP nc4000 with a 1024x768 res. and its okay. But the best thing is the wireless that enables me to go to the kitchen to fix some food while still playing, I can even visit the bathroom without interuption.
Old 02-03-2004, 07:07 PM

Default Glad you posted this...I\'m als searching (thanks to repondants)

Old 02-03-2004, 08:16 PM

Default Re: Laptops

I went with one of the Compaq X1000 series computers and couldnt be happier. Its very light and has a 15.4" widescreen display. The widescreen display is a great addition and (like others have mentioned) highly recommend it for both poker and any other usage. Go to Best Buy/Circuit City and check out the widescreens and you will see why.

We had a Dell 5100 and returned it for a few reasons. First, it was quite heavy and bulky compared to the Compaq we ended up getting in the same price range. Also.. and this could be a personal preference thing - the keyboard was very awkward to type on the Dell. Im sure anyone could get used to it over time but if you know someone with a Dell (espacially the 5100s) check it out first.