Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2004, 12:18 AM

Default Re: Playing online for a living week 40

[ QUOTE ]
You need to take yourself a lot less seriously.

That's funny. I'm usually told the exact opposite. I don't really take myself very seriously at all.

I think, in the history of people being told by other people on the internet that they need to take themselves less seriously, there has been very few times where that person has said to themselves, "My god! He's so right! I DO take myself too seriously!", and this is no exception.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm. Since your "diagnosis" of me as a person is the exact opposite of people who actually know me well, it's not very hard to ignore.

Don't flatter yourself. You have no clue who I am, so don't pretend you do.

GoT
Old 02-03-2004, 12:31 AM

Default Three things

Thing One: I think, in the history of people being told by other people on the internet that they need to take themselves less seriously, there has been very few times where that person has said to themselves, "My god! He's so right! I DO take myself too seriously!", and this is no exception.

Your little argument here w/ GOT is silly, but I do think the paragraph above was quite funny in and of itself.

Thing Two: posting a picture of his little wad of 100's back when he thought that was impressive.

You must have missed this hilarious line from my earlier post, since you did not respond to it.

Thing Three:

I am the greatest 5/10 6-max Party player in history. My lifetime earn (starting from this weekend) in that game is $213/hr.
Old 02-03-2004, 12:33 AM

Default Re: Three things

Thing Three:

I am the greatest 5/10 6-max Party player in history. My lifetime earn (starting from this weekend) in that game is $213/hr.

This is why I love this guy. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

GoT
Old 02-03-2004, 12:48 AM

QED.
Old 02-03-2004, 12:51 AM

Default Re: two things

[ QUOTE ]
Thing One: I think, in the history of people being told by other people on the internet that they need to take themselves less seriously, there has been very few times where that person has said to themselves, "My god! He's so right! I DO take myself too seriously!", and this is no exception.

Your little argument here w/ GOT is silly, but I do think the paragraph above was quite funny in and of itself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks!

[ QUOTE ]
Thing Two:I am the greatest 5/10 6-max Party player in history. My lifetime earn (starting from this weekend) in that game is $213/hr.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, this is the kind of thing I'm talking about. What a ridiculous statement. You should be ashamed of yourself. I'm very dissappointed.
Old 02-03-2004, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
thx. I threadjack at a rate of .08 threads/post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bah, you're probably just another one of those wannabe threadjacking pros on a hot streak, we'll see if you still here in a month.

[/ QUOTE ]
ROFLMFAO [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 02-03-2004, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So, Guy, I hope you keep that in your sig.

[/ QUOTE ]

mee too hope u keep ur sig. oh, me too will update through my sig [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-03-2004, 10:02 AM

Default Thanks

Thats exactly what I was looking for. THis is pretty funny now, I came to look for the replies that had to do with poker tracker and I had to wade through 30 or so posts about Guy's sig file. Oh well!!
Old 02-03-2004, 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I personally barely even read the hands that David posts, I read about his life and his jobs and his fluctuations and how it makes him feel.

[/ QUOTE ]

This describes my feelings exactly. Reading about the emotions dross experiences week to week have helped me deal with my emotions concerning poker.
Old 02-03-2004, 11:35 AM

Default Re: Thanks

I agree, it's kind of sad that the thread got hijacked.

I love the posts. I think that given all of the heads-up info David gave at the start about what he was doing, and what he intended to post, that all of the "results oriented" stuff is fine. It's even GOOD, in the sense that he's trying to (and has always said as much) to relay the experience of a family man who lost his job try to earn his living/support from poker.

If you read back through his posts, you can't help but notice how he has improved in his ability to handle swings. He's admitted he still has a ways to go. Brutal honesty is great (and something usually lacking in people tracking long term progress here). Look at his move to 6-max games, and how much self-doubt he expresses and recent posts.

It's one thing to say "You shouldn't get fazed by a big short term loss.", and another to actually have the loss and suck it down. The two things at work here are 1) It's been mentioned repeatedly that GoT is an exception in terms of ability, pace of learning, and dedication to the game. 2) It's been widely accepted that the first time is the hardest time to take a loss. It gets easier each time as you get more and more "proof" that it's just short term flux, and you keep building the roll after each hit.

Obviously, David appreciated GoT's input so I don't see any reason to get upset about it. Can't we all just get along? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]