Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2004, 06:59 PM

Default Re: Hand example

I don't want to say you're a bad player, but your thought process seems a little off. Before the flop I'd consider raising in this spot. I'm not saying it's always right to raise, or that you should have raised, but you definitely should have considered it, depending on how the SB and MP play. In addition you wrote

[ QUOTE ]
flop 4h 4c 3h

sb check I bet (trying to steal) mp call sb fold

[/ QUOTE ]

It should be obvious that typical opponents aren't going to fold any hand better than yours in this situation. That doesn't mean that I think a bet is wrong. But I think it's the right play because of the chances that you currently have the best hand, combined with your chances of improving.
Old 01-30-2004, 07:30 PM

Default Re: You\'re the best

Thanks.

I know I'm not ready yet assuming that the amount of bad players vs good players changes alot. Hopefully, I'll encounter a few more good players at 10/20 so I can receive some expected lumps at 1/2 the price.

Eric
Old 01-30-2004, 07:37 PM

Default Re: Hand example

I've downloaded Party Poker to take a look. I've got to admit it will take some getting used to. I think I'll observe for a while to try to get a feel for cartoon characters instead of live people.

Although the games are not going to be of any use to poker-wise, you can get used to the software by using play money.

Click the "Play Money" tab and take a seat, you don't have to pay anything for the chips (and as such the games are stupid) and you will get used to pressing bet/raise/fold etc and the mechanics of online play.

Lori
Old 01-30-2004, 08:18 PM

Default Re: How good am I?

Eric,

My guess is that we played together. I'm sure it's happened over the last month.

As for that 20/40, I've just seen so many players that I could not believe were in that game. They are OK but no good for that game, I would think. I have also seen bad players from the 10/20 take a seat in that game and I was drooling to follow them. I don't have the BR yet, but soon I will.

Maybe we'll run into one another some time.

Peace,
Joe Tall
Old 01-30-2004, 08:32 PM

Default Re: How good am I?

[ QUOTE ]
I have also seen bad players from the 10/20 take a seat in that game and I was drooling to follow them

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the only reason I played 15/30 the infamous double-down sunday. If you have enough cash on hand for a shot, don't be afraid to take it. I'm sure neither you nor I carry our entire bankrolls with us every time we enter the card room, so if you have enough on you for a real session and are feeling good, take the shot. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]