Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2004, 06:47 PM

Default Re: This is bad

[ QUOTE ]
Then change all passwords, and be sure to use strong passwords like J*rH4&nW# rather than your dog's name.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you're running windows 9x/nt/2k/xp, you might find counterpane's "password safe" (aka passsafe) useful. it's free, and available at http://www.schneier.com/code/ps171.zip

it's a little utility that lets you enter your passwords and will store them encrypted on your hard drive. you open the application up with a master "combination" password and then can copy and paste other passwords as needed. one advantage of this is that you never type the passwords that go to external web sites and they don't have to ever appear on your screen in cleartext, so if a similar spy program is ever installed again, your passwords will be safer. (assuming someone doesn't gain access to your computer's drive and thus the password file and keystroke logs of the combination, but that's a much smaller exposure than having to type all your passwords each time you visit various sites.)

it also includes a "generate random password" function that will provide difficult-to-guess passwords like o1a6BD5f or 4HgIQE0c.

Old 01-27-2004, 07:18 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 01-27-2004, 08:46 PM

Default Re: Help...Computer Issue...Spyware/KeyLogger on my Computer

If you still having trouble try this sight http://mjc1.com/mirror/hjt/ . If things keep coming back after a reboot, your most likely have registry trouble.

They have a registery scanning program that can help point out troublesome entries. After you make a scan you can go to their forums and try to find a fix.(But don't make any changes unless your absolutely sure of what your doing.)

You can even post the scan results and people will help you iron things out.

Adware is pretty nice for some stuff, but you could also try http://www.safer-networking.org/ some people consider their free program the absolute best for spy/adware.
Old 01-27-2004, 09:13 PM

...If you're using Spybot...just delete them....follow the instructions, and it should take care of it.

SPybot (IMO) is an excellent program. After I downloaded it for free, and checked it out, I thought that it was so good that I sent the creators of it some $$.

I use it religiously on ALL of my puters....home & work.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:37 AM

Default A BOOGA BOOGA

You people are so funny, worrying about keyloggers. Like anyone cares enough about you, to want your worthless passwords.

So spend hours of your life changing your passwords for no reason, and purchase $30.00 programs for nothing.

Talk about paranoia, what the heck are you guys hiding from?

Remember the boogy man is coming to get you!

A BOOGEDY BOOGEDY BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2004, 10:42 AM

Default Re: This is very serious sh*t.

"The Spector keystroke recorder automatically takes hundreds of snapshots every hour, very much like a surveillance camera"

Until you run out of harddrive space.

"Spector works by taking a snapshot of whatever is on the computer screen and saves it away in a hidden location"

Ooh sounds scary. Nothing is hidden on your computer, anything is retrievable.

This program is harmless, as it does not upload your information. All it does is, record a portion of your activity, for "local viewing".

NEXT!

Old 01-28-2004, 10:45 AM

Default Re: Pest Patrol

"It does cost if I remember right $30 or $40 but I have been happy with every program I have bought from this company"

I have holy water from Jesus Christ himself. Are you interested?
Old 01-28-2004, 10:49 AM

" more serious than most things you pick up just roaming around, it either came from inside or from a hacker would be my guess, disguised with another program"

Ok Madlock. Why in the world would anyone go through all of that trouble?

Just one other question?
Do you think that we live among aliens, and that the world is soon going to end?
Old 01-28-2004, 11:19 AM

either you're a man or a lesbian, which one is it?
Old 01-28-2004, 01:21 PM

I don't know about gabbyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, but I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body.