Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2004, 12:03 AM

Default Folded a set of Ladies--aarrrrgh!!

I played this hand earlier today. Any thoughts or comments are welcome.

UB $10 multi, 4th hand, blinds 5/10, all players still around T1000, no reads yet.

On button I am dealt Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

All fold to CO+1 who calls. I raise to 45, SB and CO+1 call.

Flop:8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] check, check, I am in love with this flop and not overly concerned with 2 hearts, so I just bet 60, call, call.

Turn:9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] check, check, now for some reason the hearts worry me more, I bet 325, and to my surprise, call, call.

River:7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] check, CO+1 goes all-in for 570, I curse the Gods and fold, as does the SB.

I'll never know if I talked myself into a flush bluff or not, and really, except for the Flop bet, I'm not that unhappy with any of my play, but I sure hated folding that set. Your thoughts?
Old 01-26-2004, 12:07 AM

Default Go all in on the turn n/m

Old 01-26-2004, 12:33 AM

Default Re: Folded a set of Ladies--aarrrrgh!!

You'll get paid off a surprising amount by going all-in on this flop. People LOVE to chase the 4-flush. You should make them pay dearly for it.

In any case, I'm definitely pushing in on the turn here. You've already pushed your luck far enough on this hand by letting that card fall.

Regards,
eastbay