Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2004, 07:47 PM

Default Any Comments about Absolute Poker???

Looking for quality of the fish and software - Comments??
Old 01-25-2004, 08:17 PM

Default Re: Any Comments about Absolute Poker???

The software looks good at first but i warn you the more you play the more bugs you find.

First of all you cant find on the site how many allins you have. Not a huge problem, but i have played a lot there and been disconnected while in hands 3 times, and not one single time was i given an allin. The site claims to give allins but they just time you out. They have an obvious problem and the time from my first to third all in was well over a month. So i really dont think they care at all to fix it. Each time i contacted support and demanded my money, two of those went smooth but one of them all they offered me was the amount of bets i had put in the pot, and not the total pot at time of disconnect. After i explained to them the concept of how poker works they finally got a clue and paid it.

The lobby does not refresh often, and sometimes is never right for hours on end.

Cashouts have always been lightning fast, and support response through emails very quick.

Fish quality seems to go in cycles, sometimes they are all over and other times it tightens up. It is a small site so you will get to know the players and jump in the games with the fish and just go play another site when it is the tougher players.
Old 01-25-2004, 08:56 PM

Thanks - not to concerned with all-ins - would you believe I have not used one anywhere (9 sites) in the past 5 months (weird).

Bonus looks good and I might have to put it in my rotation. I'll go from site to site looking for games in the 40%. (Party is the default).

Old 01-25-2004, 08:58 PM

I have not had any connection issues at any other sites that i remember either. But Absolute is a big resource hog. Friends computers can not run it. I believe another poster here who uses two monitors has trouble with this system if AP is one of the clients he is running.
Old 01-25-2004, 08:59 PM

"Bonus looks good and I might have to put it in my rotation. I'll go from site to site looking for games in the 40%. (Party is the default)."

Would you deposit your hard earned money in a bank with 2 customers?

Would you deposit your hard earned money in a bank that hardly anyone has ever heard of, and makes people wait 60 days before they can make a withdraw?

Hope that answered your question.
Old 01-25-2004, 10:31 PM

Would you deposit your hard earned money in a bank with 2 customers?

Would you deposit your hard earned money in a bank that hardly anyone has ever heard of, and makes people wait 60 days before they can make a withdraw?

Absolute certainly has more than 2 customers and is in my opinion zero risk of non payment.

You are also free to withdraw at any time and i have never had a cashout take more than 24 hours. The "30" day wait period is only if you are there for the bonus. Because they have a miniscule100 raked hand requirement, they put the 30 day period on hoping you play more.

Gabyyyyy, have you ever let facts get in the way of a good argument.
Old 01-25-2004, 10:55 PM

Personally, I would not play at Absolute. I've heard they stiffed a few folks on ads (not players though). Read that as you like. But in my book once they've given themselves permission to stiff anyone look out and be warned. Otherwise the site looks attractive.
Old 01-25-2004, 11:15 PM

"Gabyyyyy, have you ever let facts get in the way of a good argument."

What facts? You have not stated one fact. These sites can do what they want when they want. Stick with the bigger ones. Or wait until a small site gets to a comfortable level.

Jedi: Just because you put your money there and enjoy waiting months to get your bonus money does not mean, the rest of the world has to do the same.
Old 01-25-2004, 11:23 PM

Jedi: Just because you put your money there and enjoy waiting months to get your bonus money does not mean, the rest of the world has to do the same.

Months?Time to take a reading comprehension course Gabby.
Old 01-26-2004, 05:04 AM

the software is getting better, though it still has some annoying quirks. the buttons are in the wrong order and their tables only seat nine people instead of ten. the no-limit tables let you buy in for 200xBB, but few if any people actually do so.

their cashier was always smooth with my player transactions, but their affiliate program has been extremely annoying to me. that does raise some cause for concern. excellent deposit bonuses, though.