Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2004, 07:46 PM

Default Re: Ryan_21 is dead

I had someone that worked for me in Vegas tell a follow co-worker that he was going to kill himself. From their conversation when he said good-by, he had mentioned he saw him going to work and there was only one hotel on the way, I called Metro and ran to the hotel. He was just to the point of tying a window shade cord around his ankles so he wouldn't kick anything when he hung himself when I arrived. We got his immediate problems straightened out with money so he could go to his mother's funeral.

A week later he returned, thanked me for saving his life and worked his shift. He had recently been turned on to crack. He took his tokes for the night and bought some more. When it was gone he commited suicide.

MS Sunshine
Old 01-23-2004, 09:59 PM

Default Re: Ryan_21 is dead

ugh.Very depressing story.Isnt is so much nicer to be up there in that nice little town of Brian Head then in Tunica or Sin City.
Bryce Canyon-gotta be top 5 most awesome sights on the globe seriously.Great move MS!! 3 below thu last nite ...brrrrrrrr

MS' Backdoor
Old 01-24-2004, 07:46 AM

Default hello hello hello. what\'s all this then?

First off, I think it's nice of so many of you to show genuine concern to someone you hardly know.

But did you really think this was a sincere threat, or did you just go with the option that had the least repurcussions if you were wrong.
If you take it seriously and then are wrong, you get to be relieved and looked at as a sincere person.
However, if you did like I did and immediately recognized it as a hoax, but then end up proven wrong, you'd feel like a selfish uncaring bastard.

I'm not a selfish uncaring bastard, I just recognize selfish 'look at me behavior' when I see it, and have no sympathy for it.

Seriously though, I hope you keep the Ryan_21 handle for whenever you wanna post some off-topic stuff, some of those threads ended up being much more interesting than I had originally given them credit for.
Old 01-24-2004, 08:36 PM

Default Hicap mags

Are you kidding? "fat chance finding one"? No, you can't go to your local gun store and buy one, but it's not that hard to scare one up through connections. That's what gun shows are for.

That said, I doubt anyone seriously thinking about killing himself and who also had to run out and buy a gun would not know enough to find a hicap. Any true gun nut would probably have a nice pistol put together custom to commemorate the event. Maybe even engrave it with his dates of birth and death. Yeah...

*blink blink* ok, where was I?

In other news, from the thread title I was guessing that Ryan was either quitting poker or changing his nick. The whole suicide thing was in bad taste, tho.