Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: what to do with this here thread
nuke it 33 37.50%
let the malignancy flourish 36 40.91%
lock it up 19 21.59%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2004, 06:13 AM

Default Re: Panties in a bunch

Ok, I absolutely hate leaving the Zoo. But a little birdy notified me of this thread, and I must say I find it very amusing. This thread is a work of art, and to take it down would be a shame. Plus, I wanted to get a post in this in case it gets locked.

And oh yeah....BUMP.
Old 01-19-2004, 10:33 AM

Default Re: What\'s wrong with the SS forum.

There are so many ways to save this landmark. We have a duty, nay an obligation to save the Grey Poupon Rant. How long will it be before Rkiray begins another post in News/Views? Once started will we be able to get Al Capone and Hugs to grace it with their presence?

We could make a new forum called "Grey Poupon Dude walks the Green Mile"
Old 01-19-2004, 11:49 AM

If Granny were to ever return to 2+2, it would be in this thread.

Perhaps this is a WWF-style lead-up to her "Ali-like return to the ring"!
Old 01-19-2004, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If Granny were to ever return to 2+2, it would be in this thread.

Perhaps this is a WWF-style lead-up to her "Ali-like return to the ring"!

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be awesome! I'd love to see Grannie deal with the fruits, flakes, and nuts (Hugs, Rkiroy, Big Al in proper order).

Life would be perfect if Grannie and Joey Bitch made a return. Don't they both belong in this historical post?
Old 01-20-2004, 12:00 PM

Over 5000 views. Rkiray's post below started it all and the Grey Poupon dude was born. Please reread this piece of art and coment before it gets locked. Doesn't it make you wanna post in small stakes?

[ QUOTE ]
Warning : I feel like venting. Don't read this if you don't want to hear me vent.

Today someone posted that one of my SS posts was harsh. I don't disagree. I think the problems with SS, why it's much worse than it was just six months ago, is there arn't enough harsh posts. Anyone who thinks my SS or Microlimit posts are harsh should go back and read the archives from 6 to 12 months ago. My posts are nothing. Particularly read the posts by Dynasty, Majorkong, and Clarkmeister. They each ripped me several new aholes, and I'm a better poker player because of it. Rigolloto and Ulysses (both probably spelled wrong) were a little less blunt but they didn't really pull any punches either. And in a more civil way I used to have great poker debates with Homer, Bob T., J.R., 'Lil, JTG, Joe Tall and many others. There arn't many good debates anymore. Maybe my problem is I'm constipated since no one has ripped me a new ahole in months. It seems like we have very few debates anymore. It's like we're in a communist country and we are all just quoting the doctrine. I can't remember the last thread where we had two people took different sides and battled it out. We used to get quite passionate. Don't see that anymore. Now that Bernie is back, ask him how passionate SS used to be able to get about JJ. I think it was much better in those days.

I actually think the problem is the quality of posts and posters has gone way down hill since the poker popularity explosion. Now most of the posts are such simple questions there is not much to argue about. And in the few cases where someone does post an interesting question or hand there are too few really good posters left to take various sides on the issues.

Oh well, seems like 44 is too young to be an angry old man. I'm just starting early.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 01-20-2004, 10:01 PM

BUMP
Old 01-21-2004, 08:48 AM

I have been reading this and, believe me, it took awhile. I am a "Zooster" by habit although I refuse to limit my poker education and only post and read there. I enjoy some of TT's posts with his critters and all but I have found that, recently, he has become quite strident in his quest to villify the SS forum. Unfortunately, I believe he is WRONG and needs to quell his enthusiasm for ripping the SS forum and those that post there exclusively. Enough is enough and we all get your point Thomas. You have taken it far enough and it's not really amusing any longer.

I have read this thread a couple of times now and I have to say that I do understand Rkiray's point. All he is saying is that the SS forum was more fun and he was able to learn more because of the biting commentary that the posters used to review hands and situations...simple enough. His opinion of the forum now is that people cannot take the heat of criticism and that has affected the usefulness of the forum...he simply wants to get it back to the way it was. Nostalgia, pure and simple.

Let it go TT. No where that I can read did Rkiray say it was "his" forum. He simply missed the "good ol' days". As we all do from time to time...what's the big deal? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 01-21-2004, 12:15 PM

Default Thank you very much (NM)

Old 01-21-2004, 02:07 PM

I have read this thread a couple of times now

Not a lot of friends, eh? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Oh, and *BUMP*

Old 01-21-2004, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not a lot of friends, eh?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...nice shot. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Actually, it was a little boring this morning at work

Closed Thread