Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2004, 06:32 PM

Default Re: Moral dilemma. (O/T)

I'm not comparing our leaders to genocidal dictators, but merely stating that our choice seems to be an illusion. We are constantly given our 'choice' of leaders, both of whom are self-serving disingenious politicians

A perfect description.

FWIW though I have used my right to vote at every election, and will continue to. Even though I believe there will never be a candidate I think is a good leader.

Somehow, when I was about 19, I ceased to exist and therefore have never had the right to vote.
It wasn't a deliberate choice, it just kind of happened [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Every election I pick the leader of the major party (Labour/Tory) that is NOT in power. I do this because I beliefve the best I can do is to limit the power of our leadership by limiting them to one term, and thus defeating Maggi-multi term complacency

That seems a sensible strategy.

and thus defeating Maggi-multi term complacency

A friend of mine was explaining about a TV show (It was his turn for the Coventry communial telly) that he saw recently about people with memory loss.
They were talking to this one ex-miner who had no long term memory at all and they asked him who was the Prime Minister.
The guy stared at the interviewer and said "Margaret bloody Thatcher" in his darkest Yorkshire accent.

At this point, the interviewer informed him that Maggie had not been in power since the early 1990s.
The miner responded, in that same Yorkshire accent with...

"Really?! That's the best bloody news I've heard in years."

Lori

Old 01-17-2004, 06:49 PM

At this point, the interviewer informed him that Maggie had not been in power since the early 1990s.
The miner responded, in that same Yorkshire accent with...

"Really?! That's the best bloody news I've heard in years."

Here it works a little differently ....

A man wakes up from years in a coma and asks what the state of the nation is. He is told that George Bush is President and we involved in a war in Iraq. The man is very upset, asks "Still ?".

He then brightens up however and says, "Well, thank God Michael Jackson beat that kids scandal ?"
Old 01-17-2004, 07:10 PM

check this out, as you might be in the spirit...

http://www.liquidgeneration.com/popt...am_outkast.asp
Old 01-17-2004, 07:52 PM

ok that is one of the funniest things i have seen in weeks.
Old 01-17-2004, 08:04 PM

Default How about this one then? (O/T)

An aircraft is about to crash. There are five passengers on board, but unfortunately only 4 parachutes. The first passenger says, "I'm Louis Koen, the best Springbok flyhalf. The Springboks need me, it would be unfair to them if I died". So he takes the first parachute and jumps.

The second passenger, Graca Machel, says, "I am the wife of the former President of South Africa. I am also the most
dedicated woman in The world." She takes one of the parachutes and jumps.

The third passenger, xxxxxx x. xxxx Cyndie, says, "I am the President of The United States of America. I have a huge
responsibility in world politics. And apart from that, I am the most intelligent President in the history of the country and I have a responsibility to my people not to die." So he takes a parachute and jumps.

The fourth passenger, the Pope, says to the fifth passenger, a ten year old school boy, "I am already old. I have already lived my life, as a good person and a priest I will give you the last parachute".

The boy replies "No problem your Popeness, there is also a parachute for you. America's most intelligent President has taken my schoolbag..."

Old 01-17-2004, 08:07 PM

I've given this a lot of thought and I would definately use color.
Old 01-17-2004, 08:09 PM

Default Re: How about this one then? (O/T)

See, Mike, what you have always missed about me is that I wouldn't just take a parachute, I would work to get consensus about who would get a parachute and who wouldn't...it is amazing how often you get a great answer when you ask people for input.

AND, I would always pack my own parachute, so a school bag probably wouldn't pass as a look alike.

Do you deserve a parachute?
Old 01-17-2004, 08:09 PM

I really don't get the question. Seems to me you go with what's in your camera or miss the shot.
Old 01-17-2004, 08:10 PM

Default Re: Black and White, Baby

There was a song in the eighties

the quote goes somthing like

"doesnt matter who wins the government always gets in"

I grew up under maggie and saw the destruction of many people around me with the high unemployment during her tenure, concietedly I thought that having a prime minister from the same background who represents the area adjacent to mine that life would be different under a labour government, I doubt I will vote again, labour have a 20,000 majority where I live anyway.
Old 01-17-2004, 08:19 PM

Default Re: How about this one then? (O/T)

[ QUOTE ]
I would work to get consensus about who would get a parachute and who wouldn't

[/ QUOTE ]

O.K.

Cyndie, Mike, jek187, Lori and the Pope are in the plane. Does the plane hit the ground before a consensus is reached?