Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2004, 03:11 PM

Default Re: Just another garbage ACR skin..

Jon,

Sorry if this was already discussed and I missed it, but what exactly is the connection between your site and ACR? My Neteller deposit to Choice Poker is listed in my transaction history as going to America's Card Room.
Old 01-16-2004, 03:17 PM

Default Re: Just another garbage ACR skin..- More info!!!

Hello,

I am assuming that you are the owner or operator? Is that correct? Am I also correct to assume that you, the principal operator of this site resides in Texas?

If so, perhaps you would like to have a look at the federal wire act, which states:

"Whoever being engaged in the business of betting or wagering knowingly uses a wire communication facility for the transmission in interstate or foreign commerce of bets or wagers or information assisting in the placing of bets or wagers on any sporting event or contest, or for the transmission of a wire communication which entitles the recipient to receive money or credit as a result of bets or wagers, or for information assisting in the placing of bets or wagers, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both."

Now don't think just because you do not offer sports bets, you are immune.. Read on.

" Despite the divergent views . . . the official position as expressed by the Justice Department and several state attorneys general is to treat the Wire Act as applying broadly and covering all forms of Internet gaming"

Last time I checked Texas residents were not immune from the wire act.

How safe could a player's money be on your site, considering the risk of your company being shut down at any time.
Old 01-16-2004, 03:24 PM

Default Re: Mat, be kind, this post has use and they own banners

Jon,
I appreciate your announcement post. This forum is about online poker and IMO it is very appropriate and very desirable for reps from new rooms to come on and talk about their product.

Best of luck with your launch. I for one will be dropping by for a closer check out!!

And please keep answering questions and explaining your product!!
Old 01-16-2004, 03:24 PM

JTG51,

Wow. I can see why there is confusion. Our apologies.

We have no connection to ACR. We do license software from teh same software company, Dobrosoft, although our software is customized and different from ACR.

What you are probably seeing is a default setting that was over looked by Dobrosoft. It can and will be changed soon. There were a few other defualt settings that we found in beta-testing. This one must have been overlooked.

As for the 35% deposit bonus, our intentions were not to make it hard to qualify for. In fact part of the reason we used this method was so that there wasn't a time limit qualify for it.

However, we are open to suggestions on what % rake back you would like to make this promtion more attractive.

Best Regards,

Jon Comer
Old 01-16-2004, 03:27 PM

Gabyyyy,

ChoicePoker is licensed, owned, and operated in Costa Rica.

Regards,

Jon Comer
Old 01-16-2004, 03:29 PM

Thanks for clearing that up.

As for the deposit bonus, I have no complaints about how long it will take to earn it. Faster and easier is always better, but unlike a couple of posters here I think it would be more than a bit ridiculous for me to complain about not getting enough free money, or not getting it fast enough.
Old 01-16-2004, 03:32 PM

"ChoicePoker is licensed, owned, and operated in Costa Rica."

Then why is the site's URL registered to YOU, in Texas?

What is your position with choice poker?

Anyone can go to: http://www.geektools.com/whois.php
and type in choice poker.com - They will see who choice poker is registered to.
Old 01-16-2004, 03:42 PM

Gabyyyy,

I am sorry this is causing you much confusion. The site is registered in my name. I am one of the prinicpal owners of ChoicePoker.com. The site is in the legal process of being switched into the companies name. ChoicePoker, SA of Costa Rica owns the gaming and software license and is legally registered there. However, a website registration and the operating company are two different entities.

If you have any concerns, I invite you not to play with us until we have a track record that meets your approval.

Regards,

Jon Comer
Old 01-16-2004, 03:46 PM

"I am one of the prinicpal owners of ChoicePoker.com."

That is all the information I needed. I advise you to get an attorney, if you plan on continuing your residence in the United States.

"If you have any concerns, I invite you not to play with us until we have a track record that meets your approval."

Don't worry [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-16-2004, 04:25 PM

gabby I think you need to get laid ..please gabyy go get laid seriously [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

you would make an excellent IRS agent !!