Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2004, 02:03 PM

Default Party Poker Pay Out Problem

On Dec. 8 I requested a payout from Party Poker. I received a confirmation message saying that I would receive a check in around 20 days. After a month had passed with no check I contacted them and was assured the check was mailed. After a few more days with no check I contacted them again, and agreed to have the money put back into my Party Poker account. I've talked to them a half dozen times, and twice been guaranteed that the money would be put back in my account within 24 hours. It still hasn't happened. Lucy Jones had assigned me a personal helper whenever I have problems at Party Poker. Her name is Ms. Rao. I have attempted to contact her several times and have not received one reply.

Beware of Party Poker if you actually want to cash out some of your winnings. I have since set up an iGM account and will use them in the future if I do any more business with Party Poker. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 01-14-2004, 03:33 PM

Default Re: Party Poker Pay Out Problem

I've gotten checks in the mail from party over 25 times. Some have been quicker than other. I think you just got unlucky and impatient.
Old 01-14-2004, 03:44 PM

And I think you may have a slight English comprehension problem. I was guaranteed more than once that the money would instead be put into my Party account within 24 hours. A week later it hasn't happened. I haven't received a check in the mail either, though they were supposed to cancel payment on it anyway. I don't think after well over a month, not seeing my money, and Party not followign through with things they guaranteed me would happen, constitutes me being impatient. It constitutes Party being a bit screwed up. What about the "personal assistant" I was assigned to show gratitude for my level of play? Am I impatient because I expected a reply to one of seven messages within a few weeks?
Old 01-14-2004, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And I think you may have a slight English comprehension problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your reply makes me want to fall all over myself to help you.

How about just letting it slide off your back? You might alienate less people that way, and not deter people from helping you.
Old 01-14-2004, 04:06 PM

When I first started cashing out at Party I had a hell of a time getting the first few cashouts. Their policy is to return the original price of purchase to the credit card it came from... well I cancelled that card before the cashout and I spent about a month fighting with them about where the money went. It turned out to be a problem with the credit card company, but the party customer support left alot to be desired. Some of them have trouble understanding English, its like they have a script they read and if you want to leave that script you're S.O.L. Anyway I finally got it all sorted out and I haven't had any trouble with my cash outs since. I think their system for cash outs is fine, but they can't handle any deviation from the procedure. So you might have to deal with some headaches the first time, but after that things should run pretty smoothly.
Old 01-14-2004, 07:57 PM

TTT, if it was you that was holding my money I would think that maybe you could help. I already have all the contact info for Lucy Jones, but it isn't doing any good.

All I was attempting to point out to the other poster is that Party being late and not following through on things that they guaranteed they would do doesn't constitute being "impatient" on my part. I just expect folks to follow through on what they say they will do.

Casper, hopefully you're right and things will be better with future cashouts. I'm set up with iGM now, so maybe that will speed things up a bit.
Old 01-14-2004, 08:18 PM

Using Igm-epay, my first cashout from Party took about 4-5 days to hit my account. Since then they've all hit in about 24 hours.

-Scott
Old 01-15-2004, 12:58 AM

I asked for a check-cash out from party poker and it took more like seven weeks, the check was good and it came eventually though.