Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2004, 03:47 AM

Default deposit for NL bankroll?

ok, i've been playing the NL games at Ultimate Bet...
I was doing good at them, but never had a good bankroll to compensate the swings. I cashed in $25 and have been playing, and not really sticking to a good bankroll management system you could say... buying into the big games for all/half of my bankroll. I wanna try over.

I am planning on mostly playing .25/.50 blinds, $50 buyin NL Holdem. I'm going to try to stick to that game for as long as I think i need to. Here is my question...

I was thinking of buying in for $500(10 max buyins)... Is this enough? Should i try for more?

Any help would be appreciated. I know some of you like to have at least 100 buyins, but currently i cannot afford that.

Thankyou,
Kapt
Old 01-09-2004, 03:53 AM

Default Re: deposit for NL bankroll?

Hey, my biggest swing was 7 buy ins. I'm trying to move up limits as fast as i can now i've just rebought in and 10 buy ins is what i have set before i move up. Guy, obviously a winning player, just went through some hard months so he may post how many he went through.

Your bankroll will depend more on yourself firstly, if you are a breakeven player 10 buy ins should be enough.
Old 01-09-2004, 04:19 AM

Jay's advice sounds about right. I play $50 games as well- my biggest swings so far have been a couple -6 buy-in stretches. On UB, with the smaller blinds and the generally weak-tight postflop play, dropping that much would seems pretty extreme. Seems like...

oop... woohoo... just doubled up on a Party table. AA vs. 88, all-in preflop. Easy money. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

As I was saying- 10 buyins sounds fine. Guess the most important thing is if you feel comfortable with that roll- that a bad beat or 2 doesn't make you feel like you're not going to be able to play anymore. Starting out a little tight and trying to build your roll with less risk seems fine, but you still want to be able to make +EV plays that require some variance.

-muz
Old 01-09-2004, 04:27 AM

I personally like to have 2000xBB for NL, but 1000xBB isn't the end of the world.
Old 01-09-2004, 08:13 PM

Sounds good... I've had i think 3 buyin swings, and that was when i finally busted playing with my original 1 buyin...

Thanks for your insite