Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2004, 05:35 PM

Default question for affiliates - legality issues

Hello Everyone,

I have a few people lined up that I am going to sign up as affiliates on party poker. Anyways, I was doing some research on the internet regarding the legality of online gambling. I found a website that some lawyer set up who claims to be a world authority on the legality of online gaming (whether or not this is true I'm not sure).

Basically, what I found (I'm sure the opinions vary) was that "common players" really don't have much to worry about (as far as any kind of legal trouble goes) whereas anyone who represents the "house" in any way, shape, or form including specifically "taking part in the rake" is clearly breaking the law (in this guys opinion).

I am sure that many of the affiliates are at least familiar with this potential problem. To me, the bottom line is that party poker would never share the names of its affiliates to any outside agencies who are trying to prosecute folks (i.e. the FBI or whatever). I just wanted to get everyone's thoughts on this legality issue because affiliates are technically taking part in the rake.

If anyone is interested, I can dig up the link to the website and post it on this forum. Thoughts and opinions appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Darivercard