Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2004, 04:26 PM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"
Default Re: pop him now or keep on pullin

Bernie- I think you call if there is a cold caller but I think it's a better situation for you if there isn't a cold caller.

You are getting 3.3 to 1 on pretty much a coin flip. 3 way you are getting 5 to 1 on a 7.5 to 1 proposition.
Old 01-09-2004, 12:58 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

you're out of position, and you still have to pretty much flop a set to win. otherwise you're in a 3 street guessing game. i want a chance at some players paying me off. not just one guy.

unless you have a great read on the player. even then, it's still a guessing game.

low pkt pairs are not something to be played like a high pair, or mid pairs on a small card flop.

id want the extra player in for my odds to a set. this isnt HU table, this is a full table so you're showdown value is a little lower than SH or HU against an EP raise.

b
Old 01-09-2004, 02:57 AM

Sure, Joe, just get to the heart of the matter.
Old 01-09-2004, 05:32 AM

The more i think about it a pre-flop fold seems pretty good, but this guy was raising with any 20 without a T, AJ KJ KQ JQ etc... thus he was raising a lot, i didn't re-raise pre-flop cause i'm probably folding to a high flop, unless it has an ace then, i'm check/raising flop and if he doesn't fold i'm done with the hand. But on a low flop like this i know he will bluff it all the way cause he hasbet until resitance was shown every hand.

So basically my thoughts were: If i 3-bet and he 4-bets i have to fold unless i hit a set. If i'm winning he will bluff at least 1 1/2 BB to me. If i'm losing it won't be too costly to lose the hand. On hands like the ones that flop i will be able to own him if i'm winning, and i will lose 2 bets or so when i'm losing.
Old 01-09-2004, 05:45 AM

Default final thought

i didn't think he had a pair, unless it was a big one, he called with 77 and 44 and 88 earlier that i saw, granted those weren't in first position. but if he did i certainly wasn't going to lose my bankroll to him.

On the flop i think check/call is the only option.

Turn
if he has overcards: and i call then i am risking that he might not bet or call the river, but he might hit his card for free, however he will probably not call my raise.
If he has a pair: and i raise he might call/check the river if it is not a big pair (likely less that a 9) in which case i would check behind, and i lose the same as if i call him down. if he has a face card pair he probably 3-bets and i will have to let it go.

This still doesn't really clear it up for me, but thinking he probably won't bet the river i think i might have to raise here, on the off chance he calls with AK.
Old 01-09-2004, 02:05 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

except even if a 'face' doesnt hit the flop, you're guessing on the turn or river if one hits. hoping to have a board go faceless so your 3s will be good is a lot to ask for.

b