Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2004, 02:29 PM

Default Re: UNREAL -- AWESOME RULING!!!

Mike

Thanks for the feedback in your earlier post which seems to indicate that some of the concerns expressed on here (or perhaps RGP) were being taken on board by Party.

I hope you decide to post on here more regularly as I (and I'm sure many others) are put off to an extent by Party's apparent unwillingness to respond to issues raised on here (compared to TGC and True's reps who post frequently here, much to their credit). It'd be great to be kept better informed on Party's plans for improvements. Perhaps in time you could help overcome the 'crap support' tag that Party has which was undoubtedly the biggest factor in me initially avoiding signing up there.

I sure hope you stick around (as others have said, switch to flat mode to speed up your navigation of the boards - it's miles quicker once you've got used to it). I'm sure the feedback received here would generally be more constructive than on the other forums, despite the efforts of a 'select few'

Sherriff
Old 01-06-2004, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I did actually witness the 'Tweeterntz incident' live from the rail. Basically Tweeterntz (who may perhaps have had sufficient chips to fold his/her way to the cruise) called a raise with KJ and flopped a straight. A huge pot then developed. However, a fourth spade came on the river and the other player (who had a mountain of chips) bet. A call here would have put Tweeterntz all-in, but apparently he/she opted to disconnect themselves instead.

Incidentally, I don't think he/she did himself any favours by typing the fact that they had a broadway straight on the flop (or turn) into the chatbox, and then typing 'OMG' (prior to the disconnection) when the fourth spade hit.

Assuming that the disconnect was actually intentional, I think Party Poker has done exactly the right thing by awarding DiamondsDave a place instead of Tweeterntz.

[/ QUOTE ]

so did the other guy have the flush or was the straight good?
Old 01-06-2004, 05:07 PM

Default Tip No. 2 ..... reliance upon Cyndi

"As Cyndi said ..."

Mike this is an interesting rhetorical device, except that, Why on Earth would you choose to rely on anything Cyndi says to add to your own statements. I suspect you have way more credibility on your own than any to be gained by association with a verbose, poker-vaulting, 3,000,000 hand playing, 16 hours-a-day, self-described "not good holdem player" aka Cyndi.
Old 01-07-2004, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wait list for SNG's.
Lobby refresh

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, it is about time. I've been playing at PartyPoker for a long time and these are not new issues. I can't wait for these improvements to be implemented. Send me the source code and I'll do it myself.

SpaceAce