Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2003, 01:58 PM

Default registration reminder

If you want to play in this tourney, send me a PM. Haven't gotten any new ones in a while. Don't PM me with questions. Post questions in the forum (hopfully searching forum first to be sure it hasn't already been answered). I sent TruePoker CEO an e-mail today (just got back from meeting my family in Vegas for Christmas) to try to finalize the add-ons. When everything is finalize I (or maybe TruePoker CEO) will post all the details.
Old 12-31-2003, 02:23 PM

Default Getting enough entries

Hey Rk

Welcome back. Have you sent out an ample amount of passwords so far. I noticed yesterday (I think) that only 16 had signed up for the tourney so far. I think that is very disappointing, however if you have sent out some more passwords and people just havent signed up yet, then that would be a little more comforting.
Old 12-31-2003, 02:27 PM

Default Re: Getting enough entries

I sent out quite a few passwords in the first few days. But I don't think I sent any the last three days before I left (last checked here 12/24 mid-day) (No requests, so far I haven't turned anyone down). I think over half the people I sent passwords to have signed up. I figure most people wait to the last minute to do anything.
Old 01-01-2004, 03:34 AM

Default One possible problem

Suppose player A bets on player B. Then, at some point in the tournament, player A is at the same table as player B. It may be possible for a unilatteral colusion (for lack of a better term) to occur.
Old 01-01-2004, 03:12 PM

Default Re: One possible problem

It may be possible for a unilatteral colusion (for lack of a better term) to occur.

Yes, jstnrgrs.

However, although I have been accused of naivety when it comes to my believing that most poker players are 100% honest, to infer that it might occur in a BOSS Tournament,
of all things, is very sad, imo, if not bordering on insulting.

I would respectfully suggest that you should reconsider whether you should play internet poker, at all, let alone in this particular Tournament.

Old 01-02-2004, 12:00 AM

Well, if I am not welcome in this tournament, then I will not play. (I will wait for more feedback from others before determining that I am unwelcome.)
As for my post, I merely wanted to be sure that all the possibilities were considered before everyone jumped at the idea. If everyone else is cool with it, than so am I.

I would respectfully suggest that you should reconsider whether you should play internet poker, at all

I don't see what the issue that I raised in my origional post have to do with weather or not I should play in internet ring games, or tournaments in which there is no Calcutta.
Old 01-02-2004, 04:10 AM

You are welcome, come on in and play.
Old 01-02-2004, 09:21 AM

First, jstnrgrs, I was merely stating my personal opinion. As with everything said on these boards, some may agree with the content, some may not.

Second, I did not say you were not welcome in the Tournament. The more players the better, is my own thinking. As far as I am concerned, I hope you play, and I hope you don't win my money.

Third, I would have thought that every poker player knows that if two players have pieces of each other there is the possible temptation of collusion. However, there is the possibility of collusion whether or not they have pieces of each other if the players concerned are that way inclined. My leap of logic to suggest you reconsider playing internet poker was because some doubters believe collusion is rampant on the internet, with players in constant contact with each other by means of telephone, pm, or even by actually sitting beside each other in internet cafes, offices and homes. I did not think you needed to bring the thought that there could be collusion into the discussion about the BOSS Tournament between the more sophisticated than usual poker players who are taking part in the Tournament.

No offence was intended by me.