Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2004, 05:02 PM

Default Re: New Year Bonus - UB -- I GOT NONE!?

I also agree. If you are playing low limits at UB, it takes forever to clear. I still have $100+ bonus to clear from earlier, but the games are awful compared to Party. I'm going to take my $200 and deposit it into my Empire account. Yes, I only get $50, but I'll clear the bonus in no time, and I'll actually win money while clearing the bonus. Also, since Party/Empire counts raked hands (not bonus points), even a beginner can clear the bonus at .50/1.00 with virtually zero risk. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] Not the case at UB. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 01-01-2004, 05:10 PM

Location: Turn left at mars and go as far as you can until u hit a stop sign then bear left then third right ...thast were i am ..i think
Default Re: New Year Bonus - UB

lol ..it was a simple question

a simple yes or no would be suffice ... guess thats too much to ask . honestly i dont see the point of this board if you cant ask a question

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 01-01-2004, 05:16 PM

thats weird. i seriously dont understand how they dont lose money like that. i deposit 200$ and immediatly withdraw it again, and i get 100$ free, wtf?!?! how does that do them good in anyway?

it's pretty simple really. the money is released at a pretty slow rate...they still are making money off of you via the rake you contribute.
if you were to look at it as a really strong rake-rebate up to $100 then perhaps you would see that they are still clearly making money.

additionally, the fact that they release it to you a little bit at a time instead of all at once at the end has nothing to do with whether or not they are making money or how much they or you ar e making. in fact, the releases in little increments make it easier to see how they are still making money off of you.

obviously, they are not making it as fast off of you ...i think their strategy of offering these bonuses is great. i've been clearing the bonuses and leaving each time, but if there ever comes a time when i determine the gams are fishier then i will consider staying around after the bonus clears. i'm sure they get some carry-over from players after each bonus promotion....players who simply neglect to cash-out after the bonus is cleared and just keep on playing there instead of going back to their previous preferred site.
will be interesting to see how their numbers do on poker-pulse.

i too discovered fishier then usual games early new-year's morn. a couple guys on my 6-max table saw every single flop and raised 80-90% of them. got a couple of juicy-pots thanks to those guys.
Old 01-01-2004, 05:33 PM

Default Re: New Year Bonus - UB

[ QUOTE ]
I guess you had to have received the email from UB to get the 50% bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got the bonus but did not get the email.
Old 01-01-2004, 05:51 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />

it's pretty simple really. the money is released at a pretty slow rate...they still are making money off of you via the rake you contribute.
if you were to look at it as a really strong rake-rebate up to $100 then perhaps you would see that they are still clearly making money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, if you do the math on it, you get 10c in bonus per UltimatePoint but you pay on average 10 to 30c in rake at a full table (more shorthanded) to earn each UltimatePoint. You can double your UP earning rate if you are one of the first two players to start a new table and (I think) get 50% if you are the third or fourth player to sit down.
Old 01-01-2004, 07:25 PM

Default Answer for SexyBeast

Sexy, UB puts your bonus money in a Pending account, just like Party poker. Unlike Party poker the amount of the bonus you have earned, which is based on the number of Ultimate points you have eearned, is transferred from your pending bonus to your real money account automatically each time you leave a table. So if you immediately withdrew your original $200 deposit, you would have no funds to play with until you earned some ultimate points which would convert into somee plaayable bonus dollars each time you leave a table. Hope this info helps.
Old 01-01-2004, 07:45 PM

As a rule of thumb, I start up shorthanded tables when clearing a UB bonus. It goes much quicker.
Old 01-01-2004, 08:07 PM

I agree with goodguy.
I also don't like the fact that UB is giving the bonus little by little. It's just not the same.
I'd rather play a number of hands instead of earning points. Although UB is my favorite site I still spend more time at party/empire. Their bonuses are better and my winrate is higher. At party I can play the $100 tables at party while at UB I'm still at the $0.25-0.50 tables.
Old 01-01-2004, 09:00 PM

yes Cup.. Jek or Rusty told me about it a couple weeks ago to focus on starting games w/its added benefits of faster Ultimate points burning.I should definetly focus more on that..I tried last week to start a PLO game 25/50 or 50/1.00 i forgot and it just wouldnt go.A couple guys came to the table with like 10-20 bucks and I had a $50 stack...wasted alot of time..one guy hit and ran me for a 5 pot ...hehe...yes I think I'll defintely try starting some other games: NLHE or small LHE to burn these babies off..i still got ~$400 in bonuses pending.
Old 01-01-2004, 09:12 PM

Location: Turn left at mars and go as far as you can until u hit a stop sign then bear left then third right ...thast were i am ..i think
Default Re: Answer for SexyBeast

thank-you for the civil reply .... [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]