Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2003, 11:00 AM

Default Hourly earn NL

Just wondering what you guys think a good hourly hearn in BB's per hour would be for online NL or PL poker.
Old 12-30-2003, 12:57 PM

Default Re: Hourly earn NL

I play $25 NL only. My average hourly rate is $12.50 (like last night I played for 3 hours and won $160). I don't know if that is much, but for this limit it seems fine. I play 10-15 hours a week. I have made $2100 in the past 3 months and bought in for $500. So, I just took that figure and divided it by the number of hours played. It does seem that my wins come in cycles. I will win $300-$400 in a couple of days, and then have 3-4 days where I'll lose $50 a day and then I have a good streak again. I am still unsure of some of the bets I make (too much when I have the str8, and the flush could hit), so everyone folds. But, of course you have the other end where someone draws out on you.
Old 12-30-2003, 01:16 PM

I concur.

My BB per hour at the Party NL 25 tables is about 11.5 right now for the month of December. I play about 15/20 hours a week but am by far not the greatest player out there. I also play pretty straight poker with little or no bluffs...
Old 12-30-2003, 01:18 PM

Are you playing more than one table at a time? If so, is this $12.50 per hour per table, or total?

Guy.
Old 12-30-2003, 02:45 PM

It does depend on how optimal the game is. Generaly the bigger the stakes the better the players. I make $10 to $15 per hour per table on an average month. But I find that my average is about the same on the $1 BB as it is on the $2 BB.

This is really good though when I'm on a tighter bank roll, like right now, I had to cash out a bit more money then I've made this month, and I'm back in the $50 game. It's good though to play the higher stakes, as it reminds me that I still have a lot to learn about NL holdem.
I also noticed that these games are becoming more and more competative, as more players are becoming good at them. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

AeonBlues
Old 12-30-2003, 03:42 PM

I play 2 tables at a time right now. I used to play 3 tables (no lap) when I had an 19" monitor. I got a new PC with a 18" flat and it will only hold 2 and they now overlap a bit.
Old 12-30-2003, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also noticed that these games are becoming more and more competative, as more players are becoming good at them.

[/ QUOTE ]

We have played together a number of times on party, and I think also on Paradise about a year ago (but I could be wrong). I agree that it is amazing how many players now play NL, and how many are also [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]starting to play it right. Happily there are still a lot of people who love making big calls on Party
Old 12-30-2003, 10:43 PM

I've tried many times to keep records of how long I've been playing and how much I've won but as soon as I start losing money I think "[censored] it" and just delete my PartyPokerHistory.txt file. I think my earnings are somewhre between $25 - $45 an hour at the $50 NL table, varying depending on how much effort i'm putting into it. I can't play more than one table at once though, if I do I'll probably lose money for the session. I want to hear from some really good people who play the $100 NL or $200 NL tables what their win rate is...

I've kept a couple of people on my PartyPoker buddy list and followed them. Smlandau, he played at the $50 NL tables, he just moved to $100. Watching him was amazing, he'd build his stack to $400 constantly, and quickly. His win rate must be huge. Also, Xasunt, and CassiusCley who play $200 NL and $200 PL, it seems like they constantly destory the game.

I don't think the quality of the players is getting better, overall at least. Like you say rollaj there are some people learning to play better however... It seems to me that some people learn to play better, but a lot don't and there are always new players joining PP. I read a rather exciting thread on twoplustwo recently talking about how online poker was going to grow even bigger, at a quick pace in the next couple of years. It sounds like the quality of play will get worse.

By the way, my PartyPoker screen name is "sillyhead28", what are your screen names?
Old 01-01-2004, 04:47 PM

Ok here goes.I had always been mostly a limit holdem player until about mid-year 2003.It has taken me about 6 months to get NL/PL right but NOW I love BigBet poker and I only play limit either because I'm either running real bad at NL/PL Holdem/Omaha or I just need to mix it up becuause I'm bored.
I was a good NL off the bat because my natural style is very aggressive and tight but then I went thru this nasty
3-4 months of
refinement of my NL game..which is still ongoing [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].I love NL.I win like 90% of the days I play versus my old Limit daily winrate of ~75%ish and thats internet poker..B&M as a limitgreat limit player you will be lucky to win 70% of your days playing $10-20 and up.
Well getting back to NL after 2-3 months I thought I was decent .harderhar..I had no clue.This game is so much more complex and fun to play than limit.Expert bigbet players IF they can find games are winners for life.
My goal is to become the best NL/PL Holdem(and PLO)player I can be.That means studying and playing my ass off.I now do both.NL/PL Holdem are just much better games than Limit Holdem.enough blabbing..

Here is the way I look at hourly earn for the smallest NL games on the net 0.25/0.50 and 0.50/1.00 blinds:
Good to great players at this low limits should be making 10-15 times the bigblind per hour per table after a solid sample size..by solid I mean 500+ hours.As you move up in limits the lower band
maybe more realistic but my experience is that applys to $1-2 and higher games.
I have only played NL/PL Holdem and Omaha for 6 months but I play fulltime 5-6 days a week.Right now I play almost all 0.50/1.00. I dont play much higher becuase I'm slowly moving up..but you dont need to play high to KILL IT.

You should be making 10-15 (mybe 20 times for an expert)times the bigblind in the current environment of very very good low limit nl/pl games.
In NL 0.25/0.50 I make $5.93 n hour per table -thats after 985 hours.In 0.50/1.00 I make $14.43 per/hour per table-after 495 hours.I always play 3 tables at once more often 4....thats $17.79 per hour in 0.25/0.50 and $43.29 per hour in 0.50/1.00 and thats just 3 tables not 4.My immediate goal is to try and get a total of 1000 hours at 0.50/1.00 and then move up to $1-2.Yea I'm a puss....I do things slowly but it works.
I think hourly earn in the 0.50/1.00 maybe a little high and I dont expect to translate 15 times bigblind rates at $1-2 and $2-4 but I think 10 times+ is very doable.I have played $1-2 and $2-4 mostly at VC/Golden Palace and I lloke forward to playing much more of these games..but my game still needs work and I'm patient.

btw the reason the editing/structure of this post is screwey is because sometimes half-way through a post I am unable to edit spacing,spelling,etc w/o creating havoc..Why does thsi happen? It happens 1/5 posts..but it is very frustrating.My typing is god awful I apologize!!

anybody know why this happens when you edit certain posts..they seem almost imposssible to format correctly???
duh
Old 01-09-2004, 03:17 AM

NL 100/ $15 per hour/table
NL 200/ $25 per hour/table (small sample size)
NL 50/ $15 per hour/table