Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Other Gambling Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2003, 01:31 AM

Default Early wildcard thoughts?

I like Green Bay laying seven and the Denver-Indy over (49). I have no idea what to make of Dallas-Carolina, though (bet the under?) or Baltimore-Tennessee, except that BAL-TEN should be one hell of a game.
Old 12-29-2003, 05:03 AM

Default Re: Early wildcard thoughts?

This is the underdog round and I happen to like every dog here and the Ravens at pick. Carolina isn't ready for this game, they haven't played a big game since about week 10. Broncos will be even healthier than they were for their pasting of the Colts, this one nears a lock on the matchup factors that favor them. I just don't think Green Bay is anything worthy of being a TD favorite over any playoff team, no matter how poor they played on the road.

I would bet the Broncos early and wait for the Seahawks late. I think the Cowboys will go off right at the 3 they are at now. I don't have much of a feel for the last game, but probably will be 1 or 1.5 point road favorite if I had to guess.
Old 12-29-2003, 08:48 AM

For fun:

My picks:

Titans
Panthers
Seahawks
Colts

My team was pathetic this year, so I am routing for the Seahawks and Panthers.

-t
Old 12-29-2003, 09:44 AM

I like Seattle and just saw them at +7.5 at canbet. Even though Seattle has been bad on the road this year, Greenbay has been up and down all season. This just seems to be too high, I like seattle. Any and all opinions encouraged and welcome.
Old 12-29-2003, 02:04 PM

Like the Broncos. Can the Seahawks stop Ahman Green? That's the key to this game. Game with Niners turned on Barlow's injury.

Agree this is the puppy round.
Old 12-29-2003, 03:50 PM

I think Denver goes out looking bad. Third road game in a row will not be kind to them. Indy will adjust and replay Denver well. I may stand alone in this but I think Indy is one of the two best bets on the board.

TAFKAn
Old 12-29-2003, 04:57 PM

You won't be alone, I am sure plenty will bet on the same belief. To me it just looks like previous Colts teams, they start off well, finish medicore and then get killed in the playoffs. They still can't stop the run and just where can you get in the playoffs with that defect? The Texans had them in trouble because they couldn't stop Davis and if the Texans had just relied on him all day and not had Carr throw but a handful of passes I suspect the Colts would have lost.
Old 12-29-2003, 06:54 PM

Default Re: Early wildcard thoughts?.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]..doggy, nate-nate...

i looked at the line and immediately bet colts -3....that should lead ya'all to a strong fade...no kidding..

gl [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 12-29-2003, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Indy will adjust and replay Denver well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. The Colts aren't going to get run over by the Broncos like a couple weeks ago. Denver will certainly have an effective running game. But, it won't be the embarrassing display we saw before.

I like the way Edgerrin James has been running since he returned from his injury. He, Manning, and Harrison are the scariest RB/QB/WR combo in the playoffs. If Indianapolis' defense could put up solid performances, only New England should be considered better.

Also, all that "Peyton Manning can't win a big game" stuff is garbage.