Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2003, 10:34 PM

Default Is this commen?

I have played only Two multi table NL tournaments. One 10 and one 30 NL. I consider my self to be a good player. Do well on all party NL tables. Now when it comes to these multi's I'm left bewildered...although only have limited experience. So the question I am asking is does the following below happen often to good players, or am I rubbish.
30 NL Tournament. Just passed the hour mark. Blinds are 50/100, I'm the button and get QQ. I have 1700 . Ep calls, Co calls. Both have me covered. I raise to 600 (too little a raise?). Only Co calls. Flop comes 8 high. He checks I move all in. He calls, and Holds 88. Of course I lose unexpectantly! Did I play this wrong, does this happen often in this kind of game. I would really like to see how well I could do, but keep getting beaten like this.
The other hand I wont bother explaining expect about 4 hands in I get KK and make a massive raise aboout 40 Times the BB, SB calls, He has JJ and get his J high flop. I push all in again, and he wins! When I get say JJ, QQ, KK. I am fearing overcards. should I be fearing under sets in NL tourneys? Advice greatly appreciated [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
p.S I use to play SNG's NL and do quite well. Thanks in advance