Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2003, 09:45 AM

Default Re: have account at empire = can\'t sign up on any of their other skins

Very interesting - One thing with Intertops - you can not cash out to Neteller - you have to have the $$ sent to you BANK! Onless you have an account in the Sports book also!
Old 12-19-2003, 09:52 AM

When you sign-up for a poker account at Intertops you are creating a Sports book account at the same time. I cashed out overnight from my poker to the sports book account, then overnight to neteller, wasn't too bad of a process. Much better then the convoluted cashier system at Eurobet/Coral.
Old 12-19-2003, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How come they changed this all-in thing? When I move all-in playing NL, there's always 5 cent left. So you can never push all you chips in the middle. Except when you type the amount. So when you slide the slider to the extreme right it moves all your chips in except 5 cent. Does anyone know why they do this?

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is so that you will be dealt in the next hand. If so, I like it. It gives you time to reload, with the possibility of making a couple of nickels! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 12-19-2003, 11:06 AM

Default Obviously Party Poker has changed the policy for skin memberships

I too have accounts at Party and several of their skin sites. It is obvious from these posts Party no longer allows this. I suppose in much the same way the Prima Poker Network does. If you look at it from the Poker sites' point of view, it makes sense.

The purpose of skin sites is to gain more traffic, or customers through marketing of the various sites. As a player, if I am a member of Party poker or any skin, I have access to all the poker tables. I can play three tables simultaneously through Party or and other skin by logging onto a single site. Signing up for multiple skins does not increase the customer traffic, since you already have access to the tables. The only exception to this is if you wish to play more than three tables simultaneously by logging onto more than one skin at one time, which is done by relatively few of the overall customer base. At the same time, these sites are giving multiple sign up and reload bonuses to existing players with accounts on multiple skins. So the sites give this up without really increasing their customer traffic. In other words, if I play two tables on Party and one on Empire simultaneously, I could just as easily play all three tables on Party or Empire. Membership with the additional skins does not increase their business UNLESS I play more than three tables at once, and only after I have played enough to cover the additional bonuses I receive by having an account at each site.
Old 12-19-2003, 12:10 PM

Default Only some access

I have accounts with all the skins already, so I guess I'm unaffected, but there is a very legitimate reason to play on different skins. Multi-table tournaments.

Party's multi-table tournaments are almost always enormous... 800+ people for the evening $20+2 holdem tourney and 4,000+ for the freerolls. Empirepoker's are usually about 1/4 of that size which I sometimes prefer.

If I had access to all the multi-table tourneys I wouldn't mind only having one account, but as it stands I'm very glad I got in while it was still possible. Now I just have to hope they don't do something stupid and try to make me close all but one of them or something.
Old 12-19-2003, 12:30 PM

Default Re: Obviously Party Poker has changed the policy for skin memberships

If it has it is very new, I've signed up on the following dates:
Party 04/26/03
Empire 11/22/03
MultiPoker 12/05/03
Intertops 12/08/03
Eurobet/Coral 12/15/03
Old 12-20-2003, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
She teed that one up for you jek.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know. I take some time off from the Zoo, come back, and there's this easy shot just asking to be taken. Merry Christmas to me.