Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2003, 01:22 AM

Default Lucy Jones Bonanza---some numbers

Somebody mentioned that if you play 3 6-max tables at once you will win the $80 first place prize for the Lucy Jones Bonanza. Since I had nothing to do today, I figured I'd give it a shot. I played 3 1/2 6-max tables at once. I like to play higher, but I won't play 3 tables of 5/10 at once. Anyway, here are some numbers from today's session:

Time started 3:00 pm
Time ended 12:00 am
Time played: 9 hours

Hands played: 1,976
Hands won: 10%
Showdowns won: 58%
Flops seen: 31%
Win % if flop seen: 33%

Money won at tables: $291.25
Money won from bonus $80
Total won: $371.25
Hourly rate: $41.25/hr

Any comments? Did anyone else do this? The $41/hour seems amazing considering that I played only at 1/2 tables. Without factoring in the bonus, it averaged out to just over 16 BB's an hour, which seems good.

Damn my ass hurts...
Old 12-16-2003, 02:17 AM

Default 2 questions

1) have they paid you yet for this?

2) while you were playing, did the "lucy jones bonus" tab say that you were in the top 140?
Old 12-16-2003, 02:23 AM

Default Re: Lucy Jones Bonanza---some numbers

You played three 6 max tables for 9 hours straight? Wow, I'm impressed. If I did that, I would consider it a victory if I could still see.

I'm clearly late to the party, but what's the Lucy Jones Bonanza? I couldn't find an answer in the archives (maybe I'm not good enough at archive searching).
Old 12-16-2003, 02:39 AM

I also had too much time on my hands today, so I thought that I would give ol' Lucy a shot. Since I didn't have a lot of money on the site and didn't feel like redepositing, I played the 0.5/1 full tables - they don't have 6 player at that limit.

After 9 hours playing 3 tables almost full time (I took about 20 min out for lunch and errands) here is what I came up with

hands 1472
hands won 9%
showdowns won 48%

flops seen 33%
win % if flop seen 28%

won from tables $68
bonus $40
finish in Lucy Bonanza approx. 50th.

table hours 26
BB/hr 2.6

I think that my raked hands numbers really suffered because I was playing full tables, and a larger percentage of the hands didn't get raked at the lower limit compared to 1/2.

Also my rate per hour reflects the struggle I've had with OIC; I have to keep remembering to play very simple solid poker and not try to get fancy at this limit. It was rare that I could get away with anything, people called to the river with bottom pair.

I may try again this week, but I think that I will move up to 1/2 and play short tables; that makes more sense.

When do we see the bonus, do you know? I haven't gotten it, or any email saying when it is coming. I was solidly in 49th place and had been for some time before the cutoff, so I'm assuming that I made the $40.

Shauna
Old 12-16-2003, 03:20 AM

Normally it shows up at around noon EST the following day
Old 12-16-2003, 04:38 AM

what is this lucy jones bonanza? what site, when, any other details would be appreciated.
Old 12-16-2003, 10:03 AM

very impressing win rate. it feels like i should step down in limits to get some decent money.

i couldnīt help to notice that you have "only" been playing some 2000 hands. when i play 5/10, i average around 100 hands/hour/table. is 1/2 that much slower?

zamora
Old 12-16-2003, 10:56 AM

The Lucy Jones Bonanza is on Party Poker. From 3pm to midnight, on weekdays (all of December I think). It pays a bonus for most raked hands within that time period. Something like $80 for top twenty. $60 for next twenty, and $40 for next hundred. Don't hold me to these #s. Check site for further details.
Old 12-16-2003, 06:40 PM

Default Re: 2 questions

1) have they paid you yet for this?

yes, you get it the day after. it goes right into your account

2) while you were playing, did the "lucy jones bonus" tab say that you were in the top 140?

yes, it said something like "your position is X, you are X hands behind the next position" I think mine never got below 7th
Old 12-16-2003, 06:43 PM

You played three 6 max tables for 9 hours straight? Wow, I'm impressed. If I did that, I would consider it a victory if I could still see.

not exactly. I stopped for a couple of 10-15 minute breaks and took about a half an hour out for dinner. I'd say I did play at least 8 hours of poker though, maybe more.

Also, I did notice my play getting a little bit worse towards the end of the night. I was just tired and bored. But I kept it together long enough to finish with a decent sized win.

Go to party poker to find out more about the LJB.