Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2003, 05:46 PM

Default Hello, Kettle? Pot here. You\'re black.

I was playing at Party this morning and one guy started whining about the suckouts. He was very critical of other people's play. Another player joined in with the berating of the fish and complained that they just won't fold.

Flashback about an hour earlier and I had AKo UTG and raised, UTG+1 3-bets, +2 calls 3 cold, 3 folders and Mr. "They won't fold anything" calls 3 cold, folded back to me. I decide to make it 4, all call. Flop is 898r. I check, +1 bets, +2 calls last player raises, I fold, call, call. Turn is the 7d, completing the rainbow. Check, check, bet, call, call. River is the Ts, checked around. +1 had QQ, +2 won it with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] for the jack-high straight. Mr. "They won't fold anything" then berates Mr. AJ for his play. I, of course, ordered the hand history to see what he would play like that and found 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Yes, he called 3 cold with 85s.
Old 12-15-2003, 06:53 PM

Default Re: Hello, Kettle? Pot here. You\'re black.

Hey Jim,

It would appear to me that you found one of the not-so-rare "Party Pros" at your table! Such a player can be revealed by such traits as: Constant complaints of suckouts, verbal abuse of the "fish" at the table who perform said suckouts, and a general disregard for the possibility of his own bad play/plain bad luck causing his losses, as its always "those garbage hands". Great post, such irony - hope you got your fair share of his stack before he went bust! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 12-15-2003, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
not-so-rare "Party Pros" at your table!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, they are a joy. My typical comment to them is "lots of 15/30 tables open if you want better opponents".

[ QUOTE ]
Great post, such irony - hope you got your fair share of his stack before he went bust!

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a decent, but not great morning.

Old 12-16-2003, 12:00 AM

JIM THAT WHAT HE GETS, BECAUSE HE IS A FISH ALSO. LUCKILY YOU ARE AN ANTIFISH.LJH