Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2003, 10:59 PM

Default Re: Ciao Bella, Paolo! (CD Review)

[ QUOTE ]
In the interest of forum sanity I figured that it would be wise to give Feeney as little chance to keep this thread afloat as possible...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha, you kiddin'? A post from the renowned and mysterious Sredni fairly screams for a reply. My apologies (heh) for having to bump this thread up to make that reply. But the plus side is that it will allow more and more Paolo fans to discover themselves. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
...I opened my email with mild trepidation wondering if there would be a direct plea (yes, plea) from Feeney himself to partake...

[/ QUOTE ]

I felt that intensely focused ferrets probably didn't respond sympathetically to pleas. Besides, no plea is necessary. Despite your implied sense that you did not so much like as, uh, detest Paolo, now that he has penetrated your auditory channels, he will work his gravely magic, and you will one day find yourself asking a store clerk, "Say, yo ugot any albums by by that Italian Leaonard Cohen/Tom Waits guy. Uhm, what's his name... Pablo Concha or something? Somehow I just can't quit thinking about his music. Strange..."

[ QUOTE ]
However, I do think that Zeno's humorous post details some of that 'Je nais c'est pas' even Zee could not verbalize,

"most are either lurid slow death tunes...

[/ QUOTE ]

But I'd think that might be right up your alley -- I mean, having read your slightly gruesome story. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Here's the deal, Sred: You can't unvindicate one who's been vindicated. And I done been VIN-DI-CATED by the good Mr. Phat Mack. Thank you PM! What's more, Rick N. has had the excellent judgement actually to buy the CD.

We will be hearing back from him after his move to Italy. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
But the time between football seasons is short

[/ QUOTE ]

Many readers will think you're talking about, like, the Packers. Those who've read "Fever Pitch" will know better. Yes, I've taken the step toward a future position with Real Madrid. Paolo will sound good there.

Ah, this is getting too cryptic. I think I'm channeling Jim Geary.

Nor can you undo Zee's invitation. More reviews to follow! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Old 12-14-2003, 04:08 AM

Default Re: Done...

[ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]..ok, rick..

how about a tretise on regular paychek vs. pro poker...please cover feelings about what you feel about what other people are thinking about your taking a paycheck...

tia

gl [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

"'taking' a paycheck"? Man, I'm earning it and sometimes it and more is taken from me [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

~ Rick
Old 12-14-2003, 12:29 PM

Default Re: I liked it...

PHat,

I liked it, too. But that, as you know perfectly well, is the sure kiss of death, a regular old evil eye. At least Rick ordered it before I chimed in.
Old 12-14-2003, 07:16 PM

Default Re: I liked it...

You also like Emerson. And he, like Paolo, drools too much sap. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

-Zeno