Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2003, 03:15 AM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob
Default More Party Poker support non-sense

A few examples of a typical player/PP-support contact :
-You want to open an account :

(player): I have just deposited 500$ into my new account, I see no sign of the 20% bonus you advertise with. Can you help?

One week later-(support): After your first deposit, please notify customer care department to find out if you are eligible for a bonus
Bugs Bunny

(player) :I have made a deposit a week ago. I am now notifiying you of this. No bonus has yet been credited to my account and what do you mean by "if I am eligible"? You advertise with 20% first deposit bonus.

One week later-(support) : You are eligible for our first time deposit bonus. Please notify customer care department after you have made your first deposit.
Daffy Duck

(player) : Thank you for your mail, I have made a first time deposit 2 weeks ago but have not yet received the promissed bonus.

At this point, your account is frozen, you can no longer play at the site nor get your money back.

(player) : My account has been frozen, I don't understand why. Can you help and explain?

10 days later-(cashier) : We have tried to reach you at phone number 222-222-222 but can not get in touch with you. Please contact us at (phone number in USA, very big expense if you live far away) in order to solve this matter.
Rahamid (no, cashier employees do not use fantasy names, don't ask me why)

(player) : I don't understand what is going on. Why have you frozen my account? Why should I spend money phoning you? And my phone number is 333-333-333, not 222-222-222

10 days later-(cashier) : We have been trying to reach you at 222-222-222 without succes. Your account can only be reactivated after you have contacted us at .....
Rachamad

Eventually they reactivate your account. You are not notified of this, you have to keep trying every day until you get lucky. You can now decide if you want to play and shut your mouth or withdraw your money. Hey, it has only taken 2 months!

If you decide to stay, because of the fish, you might one day be in a good mood :

(player) : Hi, I am happy today, I finished painting my house in yellow and will spend most of the afternoon enjoying the sun and the good weather.

One week later-(support) : We have tried to reach you at 222-222-222 with no succes and have now frozen your account until you have contacted us at...
P.S. Was it hard painting you house in red a rainy day?
Porky Pig
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2003, 03:53 AM

Default Party\'s phone customer service is much better

I certainly agree that Party's live customer servive reps are often slow to respond and less than helpful. But I have found Party's phone customer service to be far more helpful and relatively frustration free. They have a toll free number for the USA & Canada which is 1-888-206-4659. I have also find it helpful to email Lucy Jones, Party's Customer Service Manager by emailing lucyjones@partypoker.com. Your statement in an earlier post that she is rude and doesn't answer emails is exactly opposite from my several experiences when comunicating with her. BTW, I was told she is currently off work for the Holidays).

If you don't live in the USA or Canada and therefore cannot use the toll-free number, you can arrange a time for them to call you, at their expense, by scheduling a phone call through email or live chat. I recognize you should not have to make this much effort to solve your problem, but if you are stubborn and willing to show some initiative you can get it solved. Such an experience may be good practice for the many bureaucratic mazes you're bound to find yourself in within other aspects of life. Good Luck!!
Old 12-14-2003, 04:20 AM

Default Re: Party\'s phone customer service is much better

"I recognize you should not have to make this much effort to solve your problem, but if you are stubborn and willing to show some initiative you can get it solved. Such an experience may be good practice for the many bureaucratic mazes you're bound to find yourself in within other aspects of life."

ROFLMAO

So, what you are saying is that my life is my business and I shouldn't rely on others to take care of it? I don't believe, as an American, I have to stand for this.

MS Sunshine

Old 12-14-2003, 05:16 AM

Hi MS Sunshine. . . I'm glad to see there's someone still espousing "good ole American values". [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2003, 09:12 AM

Scheduling a phone call thru e-mail? You think I didn't think of that? Are you an employee of Party support yourself?

(player) : You are welcome to contact me at 333-333-333 every day between 8 am and 12 pm

One week later-(support) : We have been unable to contact you at 222-222-222 between 5 am and 6 am. Please contact us at.....
Brutus Betonus

Regarding Lucy Jones, it must have been a nice 3-months vacation [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2003, 01:21 PM

Based on your reply and the tone of your posts, William, you are no doubt stubborn enough, yet I fear you lack the proper initiative to enjoy a successful conclusion with this mission. If talking with live chat support, I wouldn't get into the whole issue, but say only I have a large problem which I have been unable to get adequately addressed via live chat and therefore I need to schedule a time to have someone from Party call me. Also if it were me, I would have greater faith in a scheduled appointment actually being made and kept through email communication with Party. There are too many links in the chain using live chat support, any of which could breakdown and prevent the call from being made. It appears to me you are far more interested in griping then in achieving a successful resolution to your problem.

And, no, I definitely do not work for Party support. For your sake I hope you never have an issue with the U.S. IRS, or any government entity for that matter, nor a financial institution, an insurance company, any contractor, school, employer, employee, your attorney, someone else's attorney, nor anything having to do with U.S. Courts or Legal System . . . . . . . . and the list goes on. Once again, Good Luck, as I really am pulling for you!
Old 12-14-2003, 02:04 PM

Bull7,

Thank you for your input, but I can see that you are missing the point.
This is a sarcastic post, I am not seeking for any advice on how to solve my problem with Party. That i have accomplished by telling them in very rude words how I feel about the way they treat their customers and what to do (in a very precise way) with the little money they allowed themself to confiscate from my account over a ridicoulous and insignificant little problem.

I read over and over in this forum about people that complain about how unintelligent party support seems to be.
Perhaps if I start posting desagreable things about them they will begin thinking about it. If they don't, I will at least get the satisfaction of saying what i mean.

But, once again, tank you for trying to help me,

William