Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2003, 11:46 PM

Default Re: How do I convince my buddy that this is idiotic?

Hi Alias,

<<I play tourneys too. If you wait a bit, the crazies that call all the time tend to bust out. Then you can clean up what's left. At least that's my strategy. I've seen this at $5 and I've seen this at $30.>>

Yes, that's really the only way to beat the low-limit tables. You have to let the rabbits eat each other, then clean up what's left. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Cris
Old 12-09-2003, 12:28 AM

Default pass the crack-pipe, please

his only saving grace is that the competition at SNGs doesn't REALLY get much better till you get up in the $100+ range, and he'll likely never make it there.

Ask him where he gets his crack smoking supplies, down on the corner, sold in a kit at the texaco station? Brillo, a glass tube and some matches? Right next to the baking soda?

al
Old 12-09-2003, 02:57 AM

Technically this isnt quite as bad as the blackjack situation since if he manages to win a tournament he makes more then just $5.

Assume he wins the $50+5 one for a $250 win that costs 50+5+30+3+20+2+10+1+5+1=$127, or a $123 profit.

He still is going to hit the problem of getting up to $200 tournaments and not being able to go higher, of course if he is a good enough player to have positive EV in the $200+15 tournaments this is still a profitable situation.

Overall this strategy is going to win him money slower then if he just played at the optimal level that he can beat, but if he is a winning player at the highest level this won't lead him to dissater.
Old 12-09-2003, 05:43 AM

Depends.... Ultimatebets SnGs are great.... Partypokers SnGs are a joke..... I never played on paradise... but your friend needs to be consistent... I lost 2,000$ when i first started online by doing the same thing he is doing...... (I'm up a hlla lot more now that I smartened up)
Old 12-09-2003, 05:43 AM

Default Re: The concept of strong vs weak players

I'm immortal.
Old 12-09-2003, 06:07 AM

If you had infinite bankroll you would win an infinite amount doing this if there were no table limit. Or say, you could put risk of ruin, or even hitting that maximum by bettin the minimum on a very high limit table. You are not going to lose more than 20 hands in a row ever so you will clearly make a lot of money doing this because blackjacks pays 3:2, hence you will win if you never double/split etc... and just play this system, but if your bankroll was infinite then splitting would not be a problem