Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2003, 07:09 PM

Default Is this WAY too weak with QQ?

Actually I have the same problem with JJ too....

Party 2/4, typical loosey/passive table

I'm dealt Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in MP
UTG raises, folded to me, I re-raise, folded to LP who cold calls, buttons fold, UTG caps, I call, LP calls. Three to the flop.

FLOP:
K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

UTG bets, I fold, LP folds...

Is this fold too weak? Should I have raised here and folded to a 3 bet? I have the same problem with JJ fairly often, if there are no overcards I can usually figure out the pf aggressor, but in this case am I right to assume I'm beat??

EDIT: I should've also added that I don't really have much of a read on the UTG yet.....
Old 12-08-2003, 07:18 PM

Default Re: Is this WAY too weak with QQ?

I hate it when this happens. Since the betting was capped before the flop, there is a nice pot there. I would hate to let go without some kind of a fight. Why not raise? Maybe he was on a flush draw and pulled a semi-bluff? If he plays back at you then you know he has something good. At worst, it would cost you a raise but at least you would know.
Old 12-08-2003, 07:22 PM

Have to agree. If you lay down QQ every time a K or an A hits or lay down JJ any time an overcard hits you probably throwing away too many winning hands. Try to raise and see what your opponent does.
Old 12-08-2003, 07:23 PM

I think you have to at least see the turn. There are 12 small bets in the pot right now (13 counting the flop bet). You do have a couple of back door draws to the nut str and second nut fl. as well as your 2 remaining queens.
13-1 for the turn should be enough to call, after all you went four bets pre-flop.
Old 12-08-2003, 07:25 PM

exactly what I was thinking.
Old 12-08-2003, 10:23 PM

Default Yeah in retrospect...

as I was reviewing the hand I do agree with your assessment/s. Not sure what I was thinking at the time I was actually playing the hand, but I'll be sure to play this one a bit different next time....