Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2003, 03:06 AM

Default Venting

What a night. I found some good tables at party, loose and stupid at 3/6 and 5/10 both. I'm accustomed to seeing the flop about 1 in 12 hands. I went 38 hands once tonight and kept watching a pair of dueces or high card jack win the decent pots. What's my 39th hand? Pocket aces, worth waiting for. Of course I played it quickly, there was a king on the flop and one on the river, thought I stood a chance with A,A,K,K, but of course I was beaten by three of a kind kings. After waiting forever for another playable hand I got AKs and there wasn't another A or K or even one of their suit on the entire board. I folded at the river and a pair of 4's won the nice pot. I was getting a very abnormal number of hands to play, but I was getting monsters, but they were getting beat. Meanwhile, while I'm on the sideline, folding preflop, all sort of crap hands are taking big pots. I know it's a short term fluctuation and that proper play will even it all out in the long run. But damn it's frustrating.

Is there a head shrinker in the house?!?
Old 12-08-2003, 03:11 AM

Default Re: Venting

Boy do I love these posts...a couple of typical beats, not even necessarily bad, and the poker gods must be against you. Wow, 38 hands in a row...that must have been 35-40 minutes huh...you certainly showed some great patience waiting out that run of bad cards.

I apologize, I've been working very late and am a little grumpy, but cmon...stop the whining.

-ropey
Old 12-08-2003, 03:22 AM

Default Re: Venting

ropey, it was about six hours like that. I'm grumpy too. It was 38 hands before I got a playable one, one time, and I had a bunch of other stretches about that long too.

But hey, at least I'm not working on a Sunday eh? I am grumpy though.