Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2003, 05:42 PM

Default KK hand that made me pull some hair out!

Party 2/4, Loose/Sometimes Aggressive

Dealt K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in LP [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
EP1 calls, EP2 calls, MP2 calls, I raise, LP2 cold calls 2, folded to original callers who all call one more bet. Five to the flop.

FLOP:
A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

EP1 and EP2 check, MP2 bets, I raise, LP2 calls, EP1 folds, EP2 calls, MP2 3-BETS (uh-oh), I call (he told me what I wanted to know, I guess I fold right here??), LP2 CAPS (double uh-oh), EP2 calls, MP2 calls, I call (now I think I have to call one more bet?).

TURN:
A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

EP2 and MP2 check, I check, LP2 bets, EP2 RAISES, MP2 calls, I fold, LP2 caps, EP2 and MP2 call.

RIVER:
A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

EP2 bets, MP2 fold, LP2 calls......

Hmmm, I hate how this hand played out, I think I got too caught up in the excitement to realize that I should've folded to the 3 bet on the flop...

Comments??

Results in a few......
Old 12-04-2003, 06:15 PM

Default Re: KK hand that made me pull some hair out!

Yuck!

I know that hand all too well. It's probably a leak in my game, but I don't think I would have had the guts to lay this down. At the time of your lay down, there was good reason to fear at least one ace against you, but when the third ace hits the river, I start expecting to see your oponents to have 44 and TT. (I've noticed that pocket pairs seem to hit in groups)

I probably would have called kicking and screaming all the way to the ATM. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

I hope your courage paid off and the 4th ace was out there, would have really been punishing to find out that your boat would have been good. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-04-2003, 07:11 PM

Default RESULTS

Well....Drumroll please,

LP2 had TT for the boat, and EP2 turned over AQo for the big Quadzilla. Yeah, for a second there when that 3rd A hit the river, I was ready to curse myself out good... [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 12-04-2003, 07:19 PM

Default Re: KK hand that made me pull some hair out!

Hi Xpac,

This is close between folding and raising on the Flop, and it is really player dependent. Is he ignorant? Does he bet his Flush draws? Even into the pre-Flop raiser? What does he think of you? Does he think you're a tight raiser? Do you have that sort of image?

Lacking a read, I would probably fold this on the Flop. Even if he doesn't have the Ace, LP2 may. Once he 3-bets, it is an auto-fold.

-Brian