Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2003, 11:36 AM

Default Party Poker Problem of Concern

This was really odd. Playing in a full game at Party. Here is the situation after the river:

I held KAo

There was a king and an ace on the board, giving me two pair, kings and aces.

At the showdown two other players each showed one king. The system said they split the pot with three kings each!

Of course that can't happen. I had a king, one was on the board, and they each had one, for each of them to have had 3 kings with only one on the board, and one in my hand, would take 6 kings!

I first requested the and history be mailed to me.I have the hand number and called the 888 number. She was hard to understand and asked me to log on again and contact a live floorperson via their chat. They told me that the system was down for viewing hand histories and that I should contact them via info@partypoker.com. I got into my email program and had a message saying that the hand histories weren't available due to a system problem. I sent them a message outlining the problem and am awaiting a reply.

Has anything like this ever happened to anyone else? It would seem to indicate a possible major glitch in their system. I know they've had some problems today with their server and such, but this would seem like it would be software related. I've played thousands of hands there with no problems. I just wanted to share the info and see what anyone else might have to say.
Old 12-03-2003, 12:01 PM

Default Re: Party Poker Problem of Concern

I know the hand histories were not working properly last night. I played about 300 hands I couldn't retrieve. This morning I was able to get my last 100 hands.

I have seen maybe 2 instances on party where there should have been split pots, but the software awarded 1 person the pot. It happens very rarely, but I have seen it before.

I would just keep after customer support to credit the proper amount to your account.

TheRake
Old 12-03-2003, 12:21 PM

Faded,

No need to post this in multiple forums. Just pick one.

Hope your problem gets worked out.
Old 12-03-2003, 12:33 PM

lil, I don't agree. I think this problem is of interest to anyone playing at Partypoker at any limit. I know I play everything from .5/1 up to 15/30 at Partypoker. I believe it is basically the same software that runs all of the games. If it can happen in one game, it could happen in another. I know a lot of folks probably only read one of the forums, the one at the limit that they usually play. I only normally read the mid,-high stakes forum. I thought it would be helpful information for anyone though. Also, I think that Partypoker deserves some free advertising for the horrible way in which they're handling this.
Old 12-03-2003, 01:24 PM

Yes, there was a thread, possibly in Internet, where an opponent was dealt four hole cards in a Texas hold em game. Do a search for Lori's name and recent threads going back several months. Helpful, obviously, to have a copy of the hand history and possibly a screen capture printout. That is discussed in the thread.

Good Luck. Party was very difficult about it. You need to keep complaining until it is passed on to a supervisor. Most live chat people are probably too low level to understand or deal properly with the problem.
Old 12-03-2003, 08:58 PM

Default Re: Party Poker Problem of Concern - Update

Lucy with Partypoker credited my account with the amount of the pot. Someone suggested that perhaps my downloaded software is corrupted, which I hadn't thought of. In the future I'll certainly pay more attention to the showdowns, whether I'm still in it or not.
Old 12-04-2003, 06:16 AM

didnt you hear about the new party game 6-king hold-em?? it rocks!!!

glad you got your money back.
party should also get the free advertising for crediting your account i think (for actually getting something right this time around).