Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2003, 09:38 AM

Default question about limits

I'm trying to decide how to best maximize my poker earnings in the medium term (about the next 8-10 months). I'm currently making about 3BB/Hr/Table playing 2 tables of .50/1 Party (in about 10000 hands). I've played with moving up to 1/2, and am not doing as well (about 1BB/hand playing 1 table) in a small sample size.

Do y'all think that in general I'll show enough improvement if I get some playing time in at 1/2 to make up for the lower win rate? (I know that the question is player specific, but in general is there a theory about this?). I do have sufficient bankroll for either limit, so that isn't really an issue.

I do realize that to become a better poker player I should work my way up in limits, this is a specific question regarding the next 8 months or so.
Old 12-02-2003, 01:07 AM

Default Re: question about limits

if you really want to maximize your poker winnings, you have to move up from .50/1 at some point. though the .50/1 games are unbelievably soft, you can only make so much in them.

i would make it my eventual goal to get up to 3/6 when you have enough money.

i think if you play well enough, you can probably win as much at 1/2 as you can at .50/1, but you will win much more at 3/6.
Old 12-02-2003, 04:46 AM

Default Re: question about limits

There`s also been a few people "complaining" about 1/2 at Party. They say it`s tighter than both the .5/1 and 2/4 games. But if you want to make more money you`ll have to move up. Even if your hourly rate drops a little from .5/1 to 1/2, it`ll increase for sure at 2/4.