Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2003, 06:23 AM

Default Does Prima care about cheating?

On October 23, I sent an email to Gaming Club reporting an incident of obvious all-in abuse. I included the chat box text in which the offender essentially admitted his purposeful time-out. I received a response stating: "Thank you for bringing this serious matter to our attention. We have escalted it directly to Prima Poker for a resolution. As soon as we receive a response with regards to this we will be in contact." Apparently, Prima is still investigating this incident. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

On October 28, I sent another email to GC reporting another obvious all-in abuse incident, again including the chat box text in which the offender essentially admitted his guilt. I did not receive a response to this email. After I PM'd their representative on this forum, however, I received another promise to be informed of the results of their investigation (which is apparently still ongoing).

On November 5, I sent an email to Royal Vegas reporting an incident of inappropriate chat in which one player in a multiway pot begged the other players to call my large (bluff) bet because he intended to fold. I received an email stating that the matter would be referred to Prima.

On November 7, I sent an email to Royal Vegas reporting another incident of all-in abuse. I have not yet received a response.

Today, I observed a few more examples of all-in abuse while playing at Gaming Club; I was the victim in one case. I recorded the relevant screen names and hand numbers, as well as the chat box text in which one of the offenders admitted having no connection problem. What should I do with this information? Does Prima really investigate and take action in such cases? Do they have an email address?

-MJS
Old 11-30-2003, 05:43 PM

Default Re: Does Prima care about cheating?

Michael,

We can't speak directly for Prima, but we do believe that they care very much about the issues that you and others have raised here re all-in abuse. They are as aware as we are that the integrity of their network is crucial to its (and our) long-term success.

You're right however that the response times on reported cases of all-in abuse are unacceptable. We're meeting with Prima shortly and improvement in this area is very much on the agenda.

We're also not taking any chances, and are doing our own investigations into the cases cited rather than simply relying on Prima to do the work. That said, it's no less acceptable that a reply from us remains outstanding on the example that you reported to us.

We apologise for making you jump thru hoops again, but if you could please PM us the reference numbers for the emails that you sent us then we can look into it further and see if we can't get a speedy resolution for you.

Thanks and apologies again for the irritation you've suffered.