Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2003, 07:59 PM

Default Re: If I owned this poker club...

[ QUOTE ]
Second, I would pay the cheating player, but remove his all-ins on my site for life. He obviously thought this was an allowed move, and it was my fault enabling the all-ins.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ola

Someone was mentioning that this player was regularly playing other sites, and should know that it is an illegal move.

I find it pathetic of you to want the cheater to keep his money, it is like letting a thief off after stealing jewelry from a store, because the storeowner forgot to lock the door.

I like your Hat, and you seemed like a reko guy before this statement of yours.
Old 11-28-2003, 09:40 PM

I respect your opinion but disagree with this statement:

'I find it pathetic of you to want the cheater to keep his money, it is like letting a thief off after stealing jewelry from a store, because the storeowner forgot to lock the door.'

I think it is more like the person that bought thousands of dollars worth of merchandise but 'forgot to pay for a few dollars item'. He is caught, arrested and ALL of the merchandise is confiscated. I say you only confiscate the merchandise that was actually stolen and punish him accordingly.

This is just my opinion and I respect others as their is no 'right answer'.
Old 11-28-2003, 09:52 PM

Of course there is a right answer.

And if someone cheats it should not matter when they cheat if it is 15 minutes into the competition or 15 minutes before the end.

And he didnt forget to pay for certain item's he did it on purpose and admitted it.

Old 11-30-2003, 12:45 AM

Default Re: GC upgrade one bad thing i noticed in tournys now

i don't know the whole situation, since i didn't participate in the event. i don't even have an account at tgc yet. but the oic is next week, so its time to sign up!anyways, my first week at party i definitely abused the all-ins once i was told what they did. i didn't even realize this was illegal. i thought it was part of the game, another variable to add to the cards. actually if i hadn't found this forum, i probably still wouldn't know it was illegal. so it seems to me that taking away this guy's whole prize is a little harsh. the fact that he admitted to it beforehand makes me think he didn't know it was illegal. he probably knew it was a douchebag move, but not illegal. he would have to be the most stupid person in the world to admit to something you know will cost you a lot of money. well, if he was in the money already at least. if he wasn't in the money yet, then maybe you could just refund his entry fee. i think the fairest way to deal with him is to award 2nd or 3rd place instead of 1st. then take the leftover, and distribute it among the other winners, and maybe the first guy out of the money. if he does it again, kick his ass out. 2 strikes you're out! also, i advise that you send everybody who has an account with you an email stating very plainly that all-in abuse will not be tolerated.
Old 11-30-2003, 02:10 AM

Default Re: GC upgrade one bad thing i noticed in tournys now

Hi Gaming Club Guy

I was involved in the inaugural OIC at your site and enjoyed it very much, despite the fact that I busted out rather quickly. I appreciate your generosity.

I also think it's wonderful (and shrewd) that you're participating so actively in these forums.

However, I am a bit dismayed at what has transpired in this thread.
Here's what has me concerned:

[ QUOTE ]
We'd thus appreciate it if everyone with an opinion on this matter would cast their vote (i.e. disqualify or not) by way of a voice (post) vote -- we've chosen to do this instead of a normal poll since we will weight our decision by reference to who casts each vote and what they have to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depending on how much you base your final decision on the opinions you find here, I think you are walking on mighty thin ice by having the members of this forum vote on whether or not you should take $1,800 out of someone's account, for whatever reason.

You folks own the site, not us. When the player in question (and any player, for that matter) signed up for an account at your site, he did so with the reasonable assumption that should he break the rules (like abusing the all-in protection), he would be subject to the objective decisions of The Gaming Club administrators; NOT members of the 2+2 discussion forums.

It is fine for people to bring this matter to your attention via this forum, though I think a PM might have been more appropriate. If 2+2ers decide that this issue is worthy of a thread (as they did, in this case) then I think it is fine for you to read it, and comment on it appropriately; explain that it was a one-time error, etc. However, I think you're compromising your integrity by conducting a "poll" of sorts here.

This decision is and was yours to make, and yours alone. It would be unethical, in my opinion, to base your actions on the opinions of this group, whether you asked for them or not.

Just my two cents.

McGee
Old 11-30-2003, 02:39 AM

Default Re: PS - here\'s a copy of the follow-up email to TR4RAIDERS1

I think that the accused should still get a portion of the prize pool. They got up to top ten without using all ins. I feel not giving them anything would be unfair. P.S Please P.M me gaming club manager I have an issue to discuss with you.