Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2003, 12:00 PM

Default OIC December – final details (long)

Hi all. Here’s the final details (free money stuff is at the end so that we can get you to read the rest as well [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

Starts
Tuesday 2nd December @ 00:01 EST

Ends
Monday 22nd December @ 23:59 EST

Prizes
First to get to $2k gets:[*] $500 cash[*] Engraved trophy[*] Digital camera
Also:[*] $100 per head freeroll for those that make it to $2k[*] 3x daily $50 prizes – see registration page for details[*] Subject to how well Sunday’s TYVM HU NL Freeroll goes we may run this event again as well; either way we’ll find a way to get another set of 500 embossed clay chips into the prize structure

Registration
Go to www.gamingclubpoker.com/oicreg (might not be live yet when we post this - will be shortly tho) and provide us with the following details:[*] Your 2+2 alias[*] Your 2+2 home forum[*] Your GC alias[*] Your GC account number[*] Your email address for in case anything goes wrong with your registration application

Rules
Same as before (we'll post them separately to avoid this post getting any longer than it has to). Please of course remember to keep accurate records of your non-OIC BR and to make updated declarations as and when necessary. Declarations can again be made at www.gamingclubpoker.com/oic.

Work commitments have unfortunately forced Jason to excuse himself as adjudicator for the event this time. If you have any uncertainty regarding the rules however, post them on the zoo and MH or any of the elder statesmen here will no doubt help clarify things for you.

Sponsorship of starting $50 OIC BR for eligible players
As per the last event, first-time OIC players get $50 free to play in the OIC. This amount is independent of the standard $15 free for all new accounts. Restrictions on cashout are explained on the registration page for the OIC bonus and on the claim page for the $15 bonus. For those of you who haven't read our previous posts, we have removed virtually all documentation requests for cashouts (see our post on this for more), so don't worry that you'll get the runaround when you try cashout.

Players who played in the previous event will also get sponsored the $50 if they raked at least 300 hands during the previous event (the leaderboard page still shows your raked hands count if you’re uncertain).

Registrations will be accepted at any time during the course of the event, but only the first 500 first-time players will be credited with the OIC bonus. Please allow up to 1 working day to receive the bonus so that we can have time to ensure that multiple registrations are filtered out.

RAF bonuses
Given the previous messy experience with the RAF, we have changed the RAF process so that you can’t get the $50 OIC bonus and the standard $50 RAF bonus as well. Letting this happen last time made the event financially very shaky for us, and the manual hack processes we had to implement to make it work caused no end of trouble and grief (just ask Homer how long he had to wait [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]).

However, we’ve put a process in place with Cup whereby you can still get his $50 kickback if you’re opening a new account. PM Cup for further details.

Please be aware that we won’t be entertaining any retrospective crediting of this bonus like we did last time (that was also a disaster all round [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]), so please make sure that you follow Cup’s instructions exactly. He will give you a link to visit – please don’t post it publicly since if that happens we will have to close it down in order to prevent abuse.

Other forums
We'll be posting details on RPG, and have also added UPF to the list. Our post on UPF isn't going to be much more than listing a cross-post to this one, so if any of you want to reduce our SSQ (Spam Suspicion Quotient) there by backing up how worthwhile the OIC is we'd appreciate it. Any other suggestions for forums we should add will also be welcomed.

.... that's everything (we hope) ... of course we're around if you have any questions or comments.

Good luck to everyone who takes part, and please remember to give us lots of open and honest feedback (we can handle it, even the bad stuff [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

Old 11-28-2003, 12:02 PM

Default OIC rules

This is an extract from Jason’s rules post (with credit to Mike Haven) from early November (with edits as noted)

“As was mentioned before this is a self-paced, honor bound, educational endeavor. To make sure that everyone is on the same page there are a few rules that everyone is expected to follow:
…[*]The game is Limit Hold'em, but it is the player's decision to choose between full-ring, shorthanded, or heads-up tables. No tournaments.
[*] You will begin with a $50 bankroll that you will keep separate from your regular bankroll for purposes of the OIC. You do not literally have to clear your account of everything save $50, but you must keep accurate records of the $50 bankroll you have set aside for the challenge. [GC edit: you then need to subtract your OIC BR from your total BR to determine your non-OIC funds, which you must then declare at www.gamingclubpoker.com/oic]
[*]You will progress in limits according to the following structure (Limit Hold'em):
-----> Start at .50/1 with $50 and play until you have $100.
-----> Move up to 1/2 and play until you have $200.
-----> Move up to 2/4 and play until you have $300.
-----> Move up to 3/6 and play until you have $500.
-----> Move up to 5/10 and play until you have $1000.
-----> Move up to 10/20 and play until you have $1500.
-----> Move up to 15/30 and play until you have $2000.
[*] IMPORTANT If at any point your bankroll drops below 25 BB's for the current level you are playing, you MUST drop down to the previous level and work your way back up. This is designed to prevent anyone tilting away a large pile of money. If you find yourself in this situation take a break, examine your play, and then drop down and work your way back up...remember you are honor bound to follow this rule.
[*] Any bonus money received beyond the original "sponsorship" $50 should be NOT be included in your OIC bankroll. [GC edit: This applies equally to any purchases or cashouts you make – you must adjust your non-OIC bankroll for these amounts, and not just for your play at non-OIC tables or limits]
[*] Multi-table play is allowed, but not encouraged (the whole point is to gain solid experience). If you choose to multi-table you may only have money equal to your OIC bankroll in play at any given time. (i.e. if you had $120 in your BR you could buy into 3 tables for $40 each)
[*] Anyone who participates may choose to quit the challenge at any point. The purpose of the challenge is to gain experience with limited risk; however, it is utterly foolish to get yourself into a situation where you are uncomfortable or don't have the best of it. Don't be stupid, there is no shame in quitting early.
[*] The above statement is not an excuse for bonus abuse. Those who take the free $50, but then quit because 1/2 is "too hard" are idiots and will be dealt with accordingly. If you take the free money you are expected to give it a fair and honest effort.
[*] The OIC was originally created by Mike Haven and is not affiliated with 2+2.”
Old 11-28-2003, 12:35 PM

Default Re: OIC rules

Be sure to put in the corrolary about what limits you can play with you bankroll, as a player with 1050$ should not be able to play 3 games of 2-4 to get to 2000 less volatile than playing 10-20.
Old 11-28-2003, 12:46 PM

Default Re: OIC rules

[ QUOTE ]
Be sure to put in the corrolary about what limits you can play with you bankroll, as a player with 1050$ should not be able to play 3 games of 2-4 to get to 2000 less volatile than playing 10-20.

[/ QUOTE ]

If there's general agreement on this then no problem -- Mike, maybe you care to comment?
Old 11-28-2003, 01:11 PM

Default Re: OIC December – final details (long)

TGC,

Are you, or will you make any sort of exceptions for folks who had difficulties early in the last OIC? For example, a certain player that I know, was just starting to play HE online, and joined the OIC last time, and busted out rather quickly.

My point is that these originated to help folks learn, and it did that very thing, but at what point will someone who busted quickly be allowed to jump back on the bandwagon.

BTW, my friend had 256 raked hands during the time span. Please, don't mention this to him. He's kind of embarassed about busting out so quickly.

dangolf
Old 11-28-2003, 01:23 PM

You know I don't mean to be a deek (or maybe I do) but do you really expect them to take exceptions to their requirements? I mean do you know how much money they have unloaded in the way of RAF and sponsorship bonuses for the OIC. If they make an exception for your "friend" then they have to make an exception for everyone.

They are being generous enough in giving another sponsorship to those that played last time, regardless of the minimum raked hands requirement.

Which, reminds me, I need to make another post.
Old 11-28-2003, 01:33 PM

Default Oh yea, not to mention

All the prizes they are offering for this event. A digital camera, $500 to the winner and four $50 prizes daily.

Anything else you want, oh yea some really nice freaking poker chips, oh you can win that too.

Old 11-28-2003, 01:35 PM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC

as you way overstepped your bounds, i will do the same. why do you care if he is asking the GC for something on his friends behalf...it affects you in no way whatsoever, are you the GC's public defender, i think they can handle this request without your input.
Old 11-28-2003, 01:51 PM

I didn't over-step any bounds first of all, this is a public forum and I can speak my mind if I wish. So, let's get that straight. I don't think you have over-stepped your bounds at all, as you are doing the same.

I just find it completely assanine that someone has the balls to ask for more, more, more when a site like GC is already giving so much.

If you have a problem with that, fine, but too f'ng bad, b/c it won't keep me from speaking up my mind.

What's going to happen is these sites (True, GC and any others) that are even considering offering this forum some extra value will stop b/c it will become too much of a headache for them to tell people no when they have set guidelines.

If you have a problem with me defending a site like GC or True that is giving the members of this forum a ton of added value to have experiences like tourneys and contests such as the SS/True challenge and OIC then deal with it, b/c these are the sites that deserve someone stepping up and praising them.

What have Party or Paradise or UB ever done for this forum as a whole. Now, I have never had a problem with those sites and that's where I play most, but to have someone bite a hand that is feeding them is outrageous and yes, I will speak my mind. I am perfectly aware that GC and True and any site can handle their own business professionally, courteously and without any assistance from myself or anyone else on this forum, but some words in their defense from someone completely objective to the situation is always helpful.

Old 11-28-2003, 01:53 PM

Really, Stew, to put it mildly, screw off. If you don't want people around that may donate to your cause, then fine. I just asked as I busted out before I could clear the 300 hands last time, and would like a chance to try again. I thought that the whole point here was to give people an opportunity to learn about their game at different levels, as well as give TGC some input. I really think that they put the 300 hands requirement in to keep players from coming in and clearing the free money then bailing with their winnings, not to punish someone like me who wasn't able to hold their own last time. I've learned a ton since then, and would welcome the opportunity to put it to the test. If TGC doesn't feel like this is a just question then let them respond, no one asked YOU!

dangolf