Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2005, 02:06 AM

Default Re: Pocket Aces and a beginner

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you automatically give the CO credit for that sort of deep thought? This is one of the worst faults of the typical 2+2'er. You believe that someone is capable of pulling a fantastic move *every time that you are almost certainly losing a big pot* because you imagine that you might be able to pull such a move in the other guy's spot. The truth is that you are getting destroyed here for 4 bets on the river way way too often to go off for 4 bets.

Here is the remedy: first, observe that the player is capable of this sort of play by seeing what he had after the hand. Now, armed with an actual read, make the appropriate play next time. Don't play him like he's an awesome, tricky, 4-bet with less than the nuts, player. Play him for a typical player first and augment this with reads later.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is you haven't seen a single hand this guy has played. When there is a huge amount of money at stake and I'm dealing with an unknown, I'm going to treat him like he's Ed Miller.
Old 12-24-2005, 02:08 AM

That's interesting, usually I treat an unknown as a typical player. Is this your standard for unknowns to swing them to good TAG players?
Old 12-24-2005, 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That's interesting, usually I treat an unknown as a typical player. Is this your standard for unknowns to swing them to good TAG players?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only when there is a ridiculous amount of money in the pot, a maniac and an unknown are involved and the decision is between calling and folding.

Otherwise: default = donk. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-24-2005, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The problem is you haven't seen a single hand this guy has played. When there is a huge amount of money at stake and I'm dealing with an unknown, I'm going to treat him like he's Ed Miller.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know what limits you play, but if they're from .25/.50 to 2/4 you must be a losing player.