Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 11:25 AM

Default Re: $33\'s: Got my @$$ kicked AGAIN last night (5 hands)

[ QUOTE ]
I think this was a $33... This has happened 2x in the last few days... should I fold to shorty's push? Or should I be folding AQ pf Level 3?

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy call, you played it fine. There's no way you can put him on a range where it would make it correct for you to fold.

[ QUOTE ]
This was my 4th career $55 (0 for 4)... I should not have been there, but... I felt I needed to try and win some money back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's stop right here for a second. The next time you play a $55, it's not going to be to make money back. Ok? Ok, good, glad we got that sorted out.

Now, onto the hand.

[ QUOTE ]

It was a push fest and very tough to push from SB/Button b/c someone was always pushing... but I guess I should have folded...

[/ QUOTE ]

This just depends on the range you put the button on. I would sometimes call here - if it's been a pushfest, I'd be more inclined to call. This is a SNGPT type hand, and it'd be a useful tool for you if you don't have it already.

[ QUOTE ]
This was a $33... I don't love to push any 2, but did not have my KS charts handy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really dislike this push. You have 12BBs, there are better options here. Raise t500 is you must raise, but I don't mind open limping (to keep the pot small) or folding, depending on the villain.

[ QUOTE ]
This was a $33 (Bad Beat)... should I have raised pre-flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, reraise KK preflop. If you always do this, you will be fine.

[ QUOTE ]
This was a $33... Anything wrong with this pf push L1?

[/ QUOTE ]

AK facing 6 opponents, and you're OOP. I pop it to t150 and see what happens.]
Old 12-20-2005, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This was a $33... I don't love to push any 2, but did not have my KS charts handy.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I really dislike this push. You have 12BBs, there are better options here. Raise t500 is you must raise, but I don't mind open limping (to keep the pot small) or folding, depending on the villain.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100% with downtown on this one. When your opponent can hurt you badly if you push and there's no shortstack, I've started limping from the SB in spots like this. If I think that my opponent will let me get away with it, I'll do it for these reasons:

1) To keep the pot small with my marginal hand
2) I don't need the pot
3) My opponent can cripple me if I push and lose
4) Importantly, some opponents are more likely to call
your pre-flop push, but will very often fold after you
limp and bet any flop. It looks less like you're
stealing. Of course, sometimes the flop actually hits
you, which of course is nice too.

Against many opponents, I think the best course of action is call (fold to a raise), bet any flop. If raised on the flop, let it go. You're only out maybe 300 chips or so.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100% with downtown on this one. When your opponent can hurt you badly if you push and there's no shortstack, I've started limping from the SB in spots like this. If I think that my opponent will let me get away with it, I'll do it for these reasons:

2) I don't need the pot

Against many opponents, I think the best course of action is call (fold to a raise), bet any flop. If raised on the flop, let it go. You're only out maybe 300 chips or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

So how much do you bet on flop? Standard 3xbb?
Old 12-20-2005, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

2) I don't need the pot

[/ QUOTE ]

So how much do you bet on flop? Standard 3xbb?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, 3 BB would be 600 chips. Way too much. Against alot of players in this exact circumstance, a mini-bet will get them to fold. It's a tricky spot. The guy has a good stack and could easily fold to keep his FE. BTW, the post that I just made shows a similar circumstance, except I was in the spot of the BB facing a mini-bet from a bigger stack. It's a very uncomfortable situation. I folded middle pair.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think this was a $33... This has happened 2x in the last few days... should I fold to shorty's push? Or should I be folding AQ pf Level 3?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Easy call, you played it fine. There's no way you can put him on a range where it would make it correct for you to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy call, for sure. But I'd like to know if folding AQs UTG is OK in this spot as opposed to raising.