Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-19-2005, 04:16 PM

Default Re: SnG Table Selection: What do you do?

[ QUOTE ]
Relative position to players you know well. Depending on what you believe both their push and call ranges to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. Lately I'm sitting as far as I can from the 'regulars', because they'll loosen up their range against me when I push (calling with any ace and [censored] like that), and they push a lot of hands into me, usually. Having a good pushbot to your right is hell. When someone repeatedly folds his SB when the blinds are high, I'll make a note of it if I see it, and try to sit to his left. I usually don't have notes on bad players.
If people think it's not necessary at the $55's... I think they're wrong. I'm almost always with 2 good players at a table. Lately I'm seeing a lot of them. I have a screenshot where all 8 tables are filled with mostly 'solid players'. (Which means their PA HUD stats are scary.)

BTW, I just tested the new PokerAce HUD with party beta support. Won $755 in one set. Yay. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] ($55's)