Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2003, 02:03 PM

Default Re: Part Poker players

Unless he was being sarcastic, I have a lot (well, even more) to learn.
Old 11-20-2003, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you really mean this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2003, 02:14 PM

On the bright side at .50/1 Party Poker you do not have to understand the concepts of sarcasm. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2003, 03:35 PM

You just described a hand that I played in just the other night, except I didn't make a straight, instead the flop blessed me with a 6 and 3 for two pair, the other person I was against showed me two Aces at the end.

One of the key points for my opponent to consider was the fact that I was in the big blind and had a "free" look at the flop. There was no raise preflop so I can only assume that he was slowplaying his aces. Had there been a raise I would have mucked my trash hand.

I forget exactly how the betting went, at some point I figured my opponent might have a higher two pair (63 isn't exactly the cats meow), plus I'm in a rebuilding phase (that's why I'm in micro limit hell) so I was playing a little weak on this particular hand, although my betting did indicate I had top pair beat, so this should have been a clue.

Anyway I took it down with my low two pair against his pair of aces. I kinda felt for the guy since he was short stacked to begin with, and was probably waiting for those bullets all night. I know what its like to fold hand after hand, get a great hand, only to be smacked by some offsuit trash like my 63 hand.

So in my case I wasn't "intentionally" playing a bad hand, someone "allowed" me to play because they slowplayed their aces.
Old 11-20-2003, 03:58 PM

Sit down at the next 2+2 table. Its filled with good players and is therefore much easier than most Party .5/1 tables filled with people who will call you down with nothing.

Ummm...I find it easier to beat bad players than good players. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2003, 03:59 PM

So a player of your caliber will actually do better, playing against tight players, than against loose fishies, who are practically unbeatable.

Do you really mean this?
Old 11-20-2003, 04:23 PM

Yeah I agrre with ya it sucks to lose with the "best hand" pre-flop. I've lost more money with A-A than any other hand (records). Just last night I had them cracked all 3 times in a 4 hour session, lost to K-2o, 5-6o, and J6s, bet and raised and re-raised and capped and crushed. Frustrating! But I still have confidence enough to get my money in when I have the best of it! If I lose, hopefully i learn and get wiser. Win in the long run with these hands you will.....patience is key.
Old 11-20-2003, 04:26 PM

All joking aside, if you really think playing against players that will go to the river with anything then I still suggest sitting at the next 2+2 table. You may or may not win anything, but when you leave you will appriciate those fish a lot more.
Old 11-20-2003, 04:31 PM

To quote confucious: Eggzackree.....
Old 11-20-2003, 04:35 PM

What's really frustrating is playing against players who don't pay you off when you have a good hand. Also, they only call and raise when they have you beat. I hate those good players.