Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 04:54 PM

Default Re: And cream too

>>You have been challenged to provide any evidence of such behavior and you failed completely to do so.<<

What occurred was that you were offered a length of rope, with which you could hang yourself if you were foolish enough to do so.

We were not disappointed.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:10 PM

Default Re: And cream too

[ QUOTE ]
We were not disappointed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there a mouse in your pocket?
Old 12-13-2005, 09:41 PM

Default Live and let live

[ QUOTE ]
What occurred was that you were offered a length of rope, with which you could hang yourself if you were foolish enough to do so.

[/ QUOTE ]That's your way of seeing things and it's your privilege to see things as is your fancy. Live and let live, I say.

But the way I see things, you are incapable of reasoned argument and a prime example of that deficiency is your reflexive reaction to anyone who dares dispute "what's best for Israel" : He or she is an anti-semite.

A well known but no longer working gambit. Which I rarely bother to refute either. Usually those who employ it bankrupt their argument by doing so. As you just did.

Keep posting.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:56 AM

Default Re: Live and let live

>>But the way I see things, you are incapable of reasoned argument<<

You, Cyrus, took great offense and reacted emotionally in the extreme to my posts, and accused me of using "platitudes" in this thread - and then refused to offer a single example of the 'platitudes' to which you took such great offense. This is simply not reasonable. My posts simply exposed you for what you are.

>>your reflexive reaction to anyone who dares dispute "what's best for Israel" : He or she is an anti-semite.<<

This thread wasn't about Israel - either you weren't paying attention, or your preconceptions are clouding your judgment. It was about the holocaust - in which catholics, jews, homosexuals, political dissidents, russians, poles, and gypsies were systematically exterminated. Why on earth are you bringing Israel into this discussion? Is this your idea of "reasoned argument"?

>>Usually those who employ it bankrupt their argument by doing so<<

You objected to my use of 'platitudes', and did not offer a single example of such. You asserted that I made some kind of argument for Israel in this thread, and I did no such thing. It is your arguments that are bankrupt - and they have been conclusively exposed as such.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:24 AM

Default Live some more

[ QUOTE ]
You ... accused me of using "platitudes" in this thread - and then refused to offer a single example of the 'platitudes' to which you took such great offense.

[/ QUOTE ] On the contrary, I responded by pointing out that your whole post (which you placed as a response to mine) is full of platitudes. And again, I say, pick one phrase at random : voilą, a platitude.

If you choose, now, to see your output in a more kind light, that's your parental prerogative. I see it differently. I see it as platitude-fest.

[ QUOTE ]
You asserted that I made some kind of argument for Israel in this thread, and I did no such thing.

[/ QUOTE ] You wrote a long thumbsucker about anti-semitism and placed it under my post. I took it to imply that I am an anti-semite. And I responded that, for you, most probably, anyone who dares say anything that is not "good" to Jews or to Israel must be an anti-semite. That's how Israel got into this.

[ QUOTE ]
My posts simply exposed you for what you are.

[/ QUOTE ] And this is precisely what I have been challenging you to come out and say: Are you accusing me of anti-semitism ?

Let's see you say so, clearly. And then try to prove it.

[ QUOTE ]
This thread wasn't about Israel - either you weren't paying attention, or your preconceptions are clouding your judgment... It was about the holocaust ... Why on earth are you bringing Israel into this discussion?

[/ QUOTE ] It was not me who brought Israel into the forefront of this thread, which is about the Holocaust. Either you weren't paying attention, or your preconceptions are clouding your judgment. It was actually Gamblor who disputed my point about the astonishing, if limited, approaches made by Zionists towards the Nazis, in order to collaborate in evacuating Europe towards Palestine.

But it was you who chose to extend this into a dozen posts about "anti-semites"!

Keep posting.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:29 PM

Default Re: Live some more

>>I responded by pointing out that your whole post (which you placed as a response to mine) is full of platitudes. <<

You keep asserting this, and yet you have not provided a single specific example. Of course, you are pointedly refusing to provide a specific example because your contention is not supportable. I am enjoying watching you wriggle and squirm in a desperate attempt to avoid this issue - so simply, if you are indeed something more than a mere troll, provide specifics. Put up or shut up.

>>I took it to imply that I am an anti-semite. <<

I asserted no such thing in this thread. Again, if you can refute this, provide an example of where called you an anti-semite. It seems that I struck a very raw and tender nerve of yours here. Again, put up or shut up.

>> It was not me who brought Israel into the forefront of this thread, which is about the Holocaust.<<

You directed a pointed remark toward me, in which you claimed my abhorrence of the crimes committed by the Nazis and their collaborators was related to my supposed support of Israel. Please point out a single instance in this thread in which I related the holocaust to israel. Put up or shut up.

Of course, I don't really believe that you will address the substance of these issues and provide examples to back up your assertions. I have pointed out how the claims and assumptions you have made about my remarks in this thread are unreasonable, irrational, and unsubstantiated.

You won't provide specifics, because you can't support your arguments and claims with facts. All you can do is obfuscated, divert, and duck the facts.

The real question is - are you interested in genuine discussion, or are you nothing more than a troll? I would say 'put up or shut up' again, but I know trolls will neither shut up, or provide specific examples and facts to back up their arguments.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:35 PM

Default Zipo dervish

[ QUOTE ]
You keep asserting [that my whole post is full of platitudes] and yet you have not provided a single specific example.

[/ QUOTE ]You want a "single specific example"? Didn't I tell you to choose any phrase, at random, from your thumbsucker of a post? Here, I'll do it for you. Pick an integer from 1 to 10... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
You directed a pointed remark toward me, in which you claimed my abhorrence of the crimes committed by the Nazis and their collaborators was related to my supposed support of Israel.

[/ QUOTE ] You are imagining things. This never happened.

And then on the basis of your hallucinations, you are throwing around insults. Then you backtrack away from the insults.

You are something else.

What I did accuse you of, is that for you anyone who says something "bad" about Israel or the Jews, ends up being accused of anti-semitism.

[ QUOTE ]
>>I took it to imply that I am an anti-semite. <<

I asserted no such thing in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do spin yourself around some more; it's higly entertaining.

[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2005, 03:56 PM

Default Re: Zipo dervish

>>You want a "single specific example"? Didn't I tell you to choose any phrase, at random<<

More twisting, squirming, and ducking. The more I crank up the heat, the faster you dance - hilarious. You claim my earlier posts were full of platitudes. Offer up one - just one - any one - and we'll compare it to the dictionary definition of 'platitude' you provided earlier and see if it holds up to your characterization.

But you won't. Because you can't. Because you would humiliate yourself when it became clear after all your dodging, ducking, and squirming that you simply can't back up your words. That's the real reason you won't provide a clear example.

OK, get ready for another flogging. Earlier I wrote:

"You directed a pointed remark toward me, in which you claimed my abhorrence of the crimes committed by the Nazis and their collaborators was related to my supposed support of Israel."

You replied to that specific quote in your last post:

" You are imagining things. This never happened."

I submit a quote from your earlier post #4188240 in this thread:

"But the way I see things, you are incapable of reasoned argument and a prime example of that deficiency is your reflexive reaction to anyone who dares dispute "what's best for Israel" : He or she is an anti-semite."

Try and squirm out of that one lol.