Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 03:00 PM

Default RESULTS

I decided that everything he was saying and doing suggested that he didn't want a call - I mentally reminded myself I still had profit from the previous night and I at least played the hand right when I was still in the lead. I called.

He turns over a set of 5's and I take down the pot. Everyone was blown away that I didn't have the flush.

thanks for the confirmation, guys..

pax
RB
Old 12-13-2005, 04:14 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

He played his hand well up until the river push, fwiw. If you made your river play on the turn, you would have played your hand well.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:40 PM

I did get lucky in the hand...

I lucked out in the fact that the river card was a dud. There was nothing it could make or do that could threaten my straight and it couldn't make a flush for him if he was still drawing and of course, no board pair means no Full House threat.

In retrospect, that may have been the nudge that pushed me towards calling. Another scare card comes and I'm 90% sure I'd have checked again on the river and I'm certain I'd have probably folded to a river bet.

I should also mention, I didn't put him on the set. I really put him on a low flush and was just prepared to rebuy to see it. Best case scenario I thought it'd possibly be a chopped pot.

RB
Old 12-13-2005, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I did get lucky in the hand...

I lucked out in the fact that the river card was a dud. There was nothing it could make or do that could threaten my straight and it couldn't make a flush for him if he was still drawing and of course, no board pair means no Full House threat.

In retrospect, that may have been the nudge that pushed me towards calling. Another scare card comes and I'm 90% sure I'd have checked again on the river and I'm certain I'd have probably folded to a river bet.

I should also mention, I didn't put him on the set. I really put him on a low flush and was just prepared to rebuy to see it. Best case scenario I thought it'd possibly be a chopped pot.

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, best case a split? seriously? i dont think i would have even considered folding on the river. i probably would have bet the turn anyway.

also, i wouldnt have put him on a low flush, or a set. i would have put him on a range that includes sets and low flushes. when he checks the turn i would put much less weight on the flushes. don't be so quick to rule out possibilities and put your opponent on a specific holding like that.