Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 12:35 PM

Default Top Pair No Kicker - Coordinated Board

No reads yet.

Bet, check and fold, check and call?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero ?
Old 12-13-2005, 01:07 PM

Default Re: Top Pair No Kicker - Coordinated Board

Check/Fold. This is a poor hand vs a 2-flush board never mind a 3-flush board, you are OOP, and as you said w/ no kicker I say your chances are slim to improve.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:25 PM

Check/fold

You are out of position with a very weak hand. The board is coordinated with 3 to a flush on it and J 9 A. Either a straight, a flush, or a better ace is going to beat you almost every time on this board.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:28 PM

why check/fold when open folding is so much more hilarious?
Old 12-13-2005, 01:38 PM

Grunch:

Fold pf. You need a better hand than the MP raiser to play. Cold calling pf is one of my favorite signs of inexperience.

As played, c/f the flop.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:42 PM

he's in the BB, calling a raise here isn't terrible provided we can fold flops like this.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:03 PM

*grunch*

I would fold preflop--we are dominated pretty easily; let UTG and the SB go at it with MP1 and you can get some reads [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. If you call, I would check/fold the flop. I don't think donking the flop is too good of a play because you'd probably get raised and not know where you are.

BBB
Old 12-13-2005, 11:15 PM

preflop is fine, but i'm doing it knowing i'm looking for a flush. i think we're in trouble 4-handed. i don't know why but 3-handed or HU i'd play differently, but if we're ahead on this board it is barely.

IMO the pot is too small for this type of board with our weak hand to continue. the times you're behind + the times you'll get sucked out on &gt; the times you'll win.
Old 12-14-2005, 04:50 AM

I don't like cold-calling two bets with this hand, especially not overcalling. Nevertheless, the flop is a definite check/fold in my opinion. The ace is nice, but there are a lot of dangerous hands out there -- better aces, flush draws, made flushes even.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like cold-calling two bets with this hand, especially not overcalling. Nevertheless, the flop is a definite check/fold in my opinion. The ace is nice, but there are a lot of dangerous hands out there -- better aces, flush draws, made flushes even.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's 1 bet since he is the bb. I like it preflop but the flop is an easy fold. You are looking for 2 pair, three of a kind, straight and a straight draw, a flush and a flushdraw here, nothing worse. Now that you just hit your A, it's an easy fold.

Nice call preflop.