Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 12:06 PM

Default Re: Please help

Immediately after reading SSHE, my first 1500 hands I was winning about 14bb/100 hands. I thought that was awsome that reading one book could make me such a huge winner. Over the next 2500 hands, I gave most of that back, but still had a winning rate of about 1.5bb/100 hands. When I first started visiting this site, I thought it was crazy for poeple to say you can have a run bad or good luck for several thousands of hands. I always thought that surely after a few hundred hands that luck would even out. Boy was I wrong! I look back at my stats for those first 1500 hands and I was getting great cards. I think winning so much early held me back a little, as when the cards went cold, I still thought I was going to win no matter what the odds. It took some time for me to realize when I was winning, I had a lot of good luck. During my downswing, I wanted to win so bad, I'm sure I gave away at least 4bb/100 hands. But, as a beginner to serious poker, I'm learning from every experience, and have been fortunate not to have lost my bankroll, thanks to my hot start.