Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 01:43 AM

Default Re: $33 vs. $22 on Party

[ QUOTE ]
Theres a lot more Pros in the $55's than the $33's from what I know.

[/ QUOTE ]
True, but with the $55's, you are more than doubling the buy in, you are not cutting your ROI in half, unless you suck. If the $33's are comparable to the $55's it might be more profitable to play the $22's until the time comes for the $55's. A huge MTT cash would solve all this....
Old 12-13-2005, 01:45 AM

Ive been hoping for a huge MTT cash myself. Im still waiting [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Im stuck at 11th.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:10 PM

The reason I posted this last night was not only because my ROI has not been as good as it was on $22s, but because, when I got to the bubble, I felt like the play was significantly higher. In $22s, I feel as though I have so many opportunities where I can decide to push all in and use FE to my advantage. What I found really different is that the other players in $33s understand bubble play and I found the opportunity to push all-in very rare because it was always happening (correctly) in front of me. Does anyone else notice this specifically about bubble play in $33s?
Old 12-14-2005, 11:00 AM

There was a respected poster, I think it was Irie, who said that he recommended jumping from the 22's to the 55's after you built the roll at the 22's. Combination of 1000 starting chips, and competition isn't THAT much better at the 55's than the 33's.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:08 AM

I started out at the 33's right away. Am I a cool crazy sexy genious?
Old 12-14-2005, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I started out at the 33's right away. Am I a cool crazy sexy genious?

[/ QUOTE ]
I can't tell if you spelled genius wrong on purpose or not. It would be funny if it's not on purpose.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't tell if you spelled genius wrong on purpose or not. It would be funny if it's not on purpose.

[/ QUOTE ]

I realized it was wrong as I was about to post, but figured I was worth the comment I would surely get [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2005, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I realized it was wrong as I was about to post, but figured I was worth the comment I would surely get [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, then you truly are a genious [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2005, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

gratz einstein